Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Promoting safe and effective nursing care, Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 5th Edition standardizes the terminology and criteria needed to measure and evaluate outcomes that result from nursing interventions. Nearly 500 research-based nursing outcome labels — including 107 that are NEW to this edition — help to standardize expected patient outcomes. Specific indicators make it easier to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement. Written by an expert author team led by Sue Moorhead, this book is ideal for practicing nurses, students, educators, researchers, and administrators seeking to improve cost containment and patient outcomes.
- 490 research-based nursing outcome labels promote standardization of expected patient outcomes.
- Definitions, lists of indicators, publication facts lines, and references provide all of the information you need to understand outcomes.
- A label name, definition, set of indications, 5 point Likert measurement scale, a publication facts line, and selected references are presented for each outcomes.
- Linkages between NOC outcomes and 2012-2014 NANDA-I Diagnoses and Functional Health Patterns promote clinical decision-making.
- Core outcomes are included for specialty practice across care settings.
- 107 NEW outcome labels allow you to better define patient outcomes that are responsive to nursing care.
NEW! Health Management class added to the NOC taxonomy includes outcomes that describe the individual’s role in the management of an acute or chronic condition.
PART ONE: Overview and Use of Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) Chapter One: The Current Classification Chapter Two: Using NOC in Clinical, Research, and Educational Settings
PART TWO: NOC Taxonomy
PART THREE: The Outcomes
PART FOUR: NOC Linkages Health Patterns NANDA International
PART FIVE: Core Outcomes for Nursing Specialtiess
PART SIX: Appendixes Appendix A: Outcomes: New, Revised and Retired Since the Fourth Edition Appendix B: Guidelines for Submission of a New or Revised Outcome Appendix C: Previous Editions and Translations
Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director of Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Marion Johnson, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Meridean L. Maas, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA and Elizabeth Swanson, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA