Radiologic Science for Technologists - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Develop the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions regarding technical factors and diagnostic imaging quality with the vibrantly illustrated Radiologic Science for Technologists, 10th Edition. Updated with the latest advances in the field, this full-color and highly detailed edition addresses a broad range of radiologic disciplines and provides a strong foundation in the study and practice of radiologic physics, imaging, radiobiology, radiation protection, and more. Unique learning tools strengthen your understanding of key concepts and prepare you for success on the ARRT certification exam and in clinical practice.
- Quick-reference guides printed on colored end sheets provide easy access to frequently used formulas, conversion tables, abbreviations, and more.
- Special Math Formulas boxes and Important Concepts boxes emphasize key chapter content.
- A full-color design highlights important information and clarifies concepts.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, introductions, and summaries for every chapter help you organize material and identify vital information.
- Challenge Questions at the end of each chapter test your understanding of terms, concepts, and formulas with a variety of definition exercises, short answer questions, and calculations.
- Significant chapter updates help you ensure success on the ARRT exam and keep you current with the latest practices in mammography, interventional radiology, multislice spiral computed tomography, and radiation protection.
- A new chapter on The Digital Image identifies the benefits and challenges of working with digital imaging and familiarizes you with technology you’ll encounter in the clinical setting.
- A new Viewing the Digital Image chapter guides you through the most up-to-date viewing practices to ensure an accurate understanding.
- An expanded glossary introduces important new terms common to today’s practice settings.
Part I Radiologic Physics
1. Concepts of Radiologic Science
2. Fundamentals of Radiologic Science
3. The Structure of Matter
4. Electromagnetic Energy
5. Electricity, Magnetism and Electromagnetism
Part II The X-ray Beam
6. The X-ray Imaging System
7. The X-ray Tube
8. X-ray Production
9. X-ray Emission
10. X-ray Interaction with Matter
Part III The Radiograph
11. Radiographic Film
12. Processing the Latent Image
13. Radiographic Intensifying Screens
14. Control of Scatter Radiation
15. Radiographic Technique
16. Image Quality
17. Image Artifacts
18. Quality Control
Part IV Advanced X-ray Imaging
20. Mammography Quality Control
22. Interventional Radiology
23. Multislice Spiral Computed Tomography
Part V Digital Imaging
24. Computer Science
25. Computed Radiography
26. Digital Radiography
27. Digital Fluoroscopy
28. The Digital Image - NEW!
29. Viewing the Digital Image - NEW!
30. Digital Display Quality Control
31. Digital Image Artifacts
Part VI Radiobiology
32. Human Biology
33. Fundamental Principles of Radiobiology
34. Molecular and Cellular Radiobiology
35. Early Effects of Radiation
36. Late Effects of Radiation
Part VII Radiation Protection
37. Health Physics
38. Designing for Radiation Protection
39. Patient Radiation Dose Management
40. Occupational Radiation Dose Management
Stewart C. Bushong, ScD, FACR, FACMP, Professor of Radiologic Science, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX