Mosby's Guide to Nursing Diagnosis - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study, 3rd Edition
This pocket-sized reference is ideal for use in clinicals, in class, and at the bedside! A condensed version of the Nursing Diagnosis Handbook, 9th Edition, Mosby's Guide to Nursing Diagnosis uses a quick-access format to help students make nursing diagnoses and write care plans with confidence and ease. It includes the most recent NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, suggested nursing diagnoses for over 1,300 client symptoms, and a guide to creating care plans including desired outcomes, interventions, and patient teaching.
- Unique! Provides care plans for every NANDA-I approved nursing diagnosis.
- Allows quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses with alphabetical thumb tabs.
- Includes pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, and home care interventions as necessary for plans of care, with home care and client/family teaching guidelines for each condition.
- A pocket size makes this book easy to carry and use in clinicals, in class, or at the bedside.
- Unique! Includes the new 2009-2011 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses including 21 new and 9 revised diagnoses.
Section I: Guide to Nursing Diagnoses An alphabetized list of medical diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, clinical states, symptoms, and problems, with suggested nursing diagnoses.
Section II: Guide to Planning Care Complete care planning information for each diagnosis, including the definition, defining characteristics, risk factors, related factors, client outcomes, general, geriatric, pediatric, home care, and culturally competent nursing interventions (where appropriate), and client/family teaching for each alphabetized nursing diagnosis.
Gail B. Ladwig, MSN, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; Co-Owner and Nursing Consultant, Holistic Choices; Healing Touch Practitioner, Jackson, MI and Betty J. Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; President, The Betty Ackley LLC, Jackson, MI