Gastrointestinal Physiology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
This volume in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series explains the fundamentals of gastrointestinal physiology in a clear and concise manner. It provides you with a basic understanding of how the gastrointestinal system functions in health and disease. Attractively illustrated with clear 2-color diagrams, this volume also facilitates study with learning objectives, overview boxes, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
- Stay current with clear, accurate, and up-to-the-minute coverage of the physiology of the gastrointestinal system focusing on the needs of the student.
- Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Master the material more easily with learning objectives, overview boxes, key words and concepts, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with questions and explained answers.
- Understand complex concepts by examining abundant clear, 2-color diagrams.
- Apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations using featured clinical commentaries.
1. Regulation: Peptides of the Gastrointestinal Tract
2. Regulation: Nerves and Smooth Muscle
4. Gastric Emptying
5. Motility of the Small Intestine
6. Motility of the Large Intestine
7. Salivary Secretion
8. Gastric Secretion
9. Pancreatic Secretion
10. Bile Production, Secretion, and Storage
11. Digestion and Absorption
12. Fluid and Electrolyte Absorption
13. The Splanchnic Circulation
Appendix: Review Examination
Leonard R. Johnson, PhD, Thomas A. Gerwin Professor and Chairman, Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN;
Vice Chancellor for Research and Thomas A. Gerwin Professor of Physiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN, USA