Mosby's Massage Therapy Review,4th Edition
Written by massage therapy expert Sandy Fritz, this unique review resource uses a variety of methods to prepare students for massage therapy exams — both routine semester exams and licensure exams, such as the National Certification Exam and the MBLEx. The comprehensive review features updated content and questions based on the most current licensing exams. Plus, a companion Evolve website comes loaded with 8 practice exams and a variety of review activities such as labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, electronic coloring book, games, and much more! And for studying on the go, Mosby offers a new mobile app featuring 125 test questions. No other massage review on the market gives students such well-rounded exam preparation.
- Full color format with 347 illustrations (showing various massage techniques as well as anatomy & physiology) presents information in a more visual, engaging way and helps you retain information better than reviewing text alone.
- Over 1300 practice questions in the text provide the opportunity to assess your readiness for exams.
- Over 40 labeling exercises are available throughout the book to help kinesthetic learners retain information.
- Logical text organization presents review content with illustrations and examples followed by review questions and exams to help you hone test-taking skills as you master facts, learn how to apply them, complete practice questions by topic, and then work through a realistic exam experience.
- Written to be versatile so it can be used to prepare for licensing exams, as well as classroom exams allows you to prepare for massage licensure exams as well as your regular course load along the way.
- Answer key printed in the back of the text with rationales provides you additional feedback so you can better understand why answers are correct or incorrect.
- Esteemed author Sandy Fritz delivers quality content that students and instructors know they can rely on.
- NEW! Updated content and questions based on the changes to licensing exams delivers the most up-to-date, relevant questions ensuring you’ll be fully prepared to pass the current exams.
- NEW! Companion website offers 8 practice exams, numerous review activities such as labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, Body Spectrum electronic coloring book, online flashcards, med term games, animations and more.
- NEW! Mobile app with practice test questions offers increased flexibility to study on the go and in shorter intervals.
Part 1: HOW TO STUDY FOR CREDENTIALING EXAMS 1. Overview of the Licensing and Certification Process 2. How to Study for Exams Part 2: REVIEWING FOR FACTUAL RECALL 3. Review of Massage Application 4. Anatomy and Physiology Part 3: REVIEWING FOR COMPREHENSION 5. Massage Theory and Application 6. Functional Anatomy and Physiology Part 4: REVIEW QUESTIONS BY CONTENT AREA 7. Therapeutic Massage 8. Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology Part 5: PRACTICE EXAMS
Appendixes Appendix A: Indications and Contraindications to Massage Appendix B: Glossary Appendix C: Answer Keys
Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA