Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 1152
List Price: $164.00
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 4th Edition is a comprehensive, user-friendly text that offers dental students and practitioners an excellent opportunity to understand the basic principles of fixed prosthodontics. This text provides a strong foundation in basic science, followed by practical step-by-step clinical applications. Procedures are presented in an organized, systematic format, and are illustrated by over 3,000 clear, high-quality drawings and photographs, now in full-color. The material is logically divided into sections that cover planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures. The text also includes two invaluable appendices that provide an updated list of dental materials and equipment, as well as a guide to manufacturers.
- Follows ADEA curriculum guidelines for fixed prosthodontics
- Features hundreds of step-by-step procedures
- Integrates basic science with clinical applications
- End-of-chapter glossaries consistent with the most recent edition of The Glossary of Prosthodontic Terms (see above)
- Text boxes scattered throughout present quick facts and tips about selected artwork
- Selected key terms presented at the beginning of each chapter and set in bold type within the text facilitates rapid information retrieval
- Essay format study questions offer the reader an opportunity to test his or her knowledge and comprehension after reading each chapter
- Updated references support concepts presented in each chapter.
- Valuable appendices on dental materials/equipment and manufacturers.
- 15 contributors collaborate with the editors to present up-to-date information and state-of-the-art techniques in prosthodontics.
- Full color design that creates an immediate visual impact and will help to better illustrate concepts
- Classification System for Partial Edentulism
- Extensive changes have been made to the content and illustrations of many chapters
- New and re-shot "step-by-step" illustrations.
- Updates in Implant-Supported Fixed Prosthesis including new illustrations and discussion on contemporary practice
- Chapters that focus on the essential aspects of prosthodontics and provide the information needed in day-to-day practice.
- Greatly expanded section on dental esthetics, focusing specifically on achieving the optimal cosmetic result for the patient.
- Expanded information on resin luting agents.
- Updates including a variety of new illustrations showing the effects of long-term follow-up.
Section I: Planning and Preparation
1. History Taking and Clinical Examination
2. Diagnostic Casts and Related Procedures
3. Treatment Planning
4. Principles of Occlusion
5. Periodontal Considerations
6. Mouth Preparation
Section II. Clinical Procedures - Part I
7. Principles of Tooth Preparation
8. The Complete Cast Crown Preparation
9. The Metal-Ceramic Crown Preparation
10. The Partial Veneer Crown, Inlay, and Onlay Preparations
11. Tooth Preparation for All-Ceramic Restorations
12. Restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth
13. Implant-Supported Fixed Prostheses
14. Tissue Management and Impression Making
15. PRovisional Restorations
Section III: Laboratory Procedures
16. Communicating with the Dental Laboraotry
17. Working with Casts and Dies
18. Wax Patterns
19. Framework Design and Metal Selection for Metal-Ceramic Restorations
20. Pontic Design
21. Retainers for Removable Partial Dentures
22. Investing and Casting
23. Color Science, Esthetics, and Shade Selection
24. Metal-Ceramic Restorations
25. All-Ceramic Restorations
26. Resin-Retained Fixed Partial Dentures
27. Fiber-Reinforced Composite Fixed Prostheses
28. Connectors for Fixed Partial Dentures
29. Finishing the Cast Restoration
Section IV. Clinical Procedures - Part II
30. Evaluation, Characterization, and Glazing
31. Luting Agents and Cementation Procedures
32. Postoperative Care
Appendix A: Dental Materials and Equipment Index
Appendix B: Manufacturers' Index
Stephen F. Rosenstiel, BDS, MSD, Professor Emeritus, Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry
The Ohio State University
College of Dentistry
Columbus OH, Martin F. Land, DDS, MSD, Professor of Fixed Prosthodontics
Department of Restorative Dentistry
Southern Illinois University
School of Dental Medicine
Alton, IL and Junhei Fujimoto, DDS, MSD, DDSc, Part-Time Lecturer, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Director of J. F. Occlusion and Prosthodontic, Postgraduate Course, Private Practice, Tokyo, Japan