Pocket Guide to Sonography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 304
List Price: $42.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This compact resource offers ready access to information on exam preparation, equipment selection, clinical history, lab findings, etiology, and sonographic appearance for a wide variety of disorders. Based on the presenting symptoms, the reader is guided to the proper sections of the pocket guide to find information on disorders likely to cause the symptom. Each disorder section covers the most common causes of the disorder, related abnormal lab values, and sonographic appearance. Following these instructions, the sonographer can provide the physician with everything needed to make an accurate diagnosis, so the patient does not have to be called back for additional scanning.
- Convenient pocket-size format is easy to carry in lab coat pocket and organized with tabs to facilitate finding information quickly.
- Carefully chosen information provides just what the sonographer needs to scan competently — allowing the sonographer to gather all information the physician needs to make a diagnosis.
- All routine exams are presented for ob/gyn, abdominal, and superficial structures, plus some of the less commonly performed exams for which even experienced sonographers may need help.
- Leads the sonographer from the patient's symptoms to the appropriate scanning protocol, rather than assuming a given diagnosis and providing a scanning protocol to confirm the diagnosis.
- The Next Step provides more detailed scanning information, alerting the sonographer to other scanning that should be done based on the initial findings.
- Line drawings show relevant ultrasound images, providing example of anatomy that should be visualized on the scan.
Each section includes information in the following format:
• Patient Preparation
• Equipment Selection
• Imaging Protocol
• Routine Measurements
• Clinical History and Laboratory Findings
• Differential Diagnoses
• Additional Imaging
Aorta/Inferior Vena Cava
Superficial Structure Sonography
Regina Swearengin, AAS