Based on ongoing research conducted by investigative teams at the University of Iowa, NOC and NIC Linkages to NANDA-I and Clinical Conditions: Supporting Critical Thinking and Quality Care, 3rd Edition is the only book on the market that provides linkages between the three standardized languages recognized by the American Nurses Organization (NOC, NIC, and all of the 2009-2010 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses). Its user-friendly, tabular format and real-world case studies make it the perfect tool to help you develop effective care plans for your patients. This edition features a new chapter on clinical decision making, a new chapter on the use of NNN in information systems, more concise intervention listings that identify major and suggested interventions, and approximately 20 new linkages to common, high-cost medical diagnoses.
- Includes 15-20 high-frequency, high-cost medical diagnoses that are commonly experienced by patients across the life span.
- Examples include Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Total Joint Replacement, and Asthma.
Part I: Languages and Applications
1. Languages and the Development of the Linkages
2. Use of Linkages for Clinical Reasoning and Quality Improvement NEW!
3. Use of NNN in Computerized Information Systems NEW!
Part II: NOC and NIC Linked to NANDA-I Diagnoses
Section 2.1 Introduction to Actual and Health Promotion Diagnoses
- Example of Case Study for a NANDA-I Actual Diagnosis
- Example of Case Study for a NANDA-I Health Promotion Diagnosis
- NOC and NIC Linked to Actual Diagnoses
Section 2.2 Introduction to Risk for Diagnoses
- Example of Case Study for a NANDA-I Risk for Diagnosis
Section 2.3 NOC and NIC Linked to NANDA-I Risk For Diagnoses
Part III: NOC and NIC Linked to Clinical Conditions
Section 3.1 Introduction to Clinical Conditions
- Example of Case Study for a Clinical Condition
Section 3.2 NOC and NIC Linked to Clinical Conditions
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Failure
- Total Joint Replacement: Hip/Knee
Part IV: Appendixes
A. NOC Outcomes Labels and Definitions
B. NIC Interventions Labels and Definitions