Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),7th Edition
Focusing on children from infancy to adolescence, Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents, 7th Edition provides comprehensive, full-color coverage of pediatric conditions and treatment techniques in all settings. Its emphasis on evidence-based practice includes updated references, research notes, and explanations of the evidentiary basis for specific interventions. And coverage of new research and theories, new techniques, and current trends, with additional case studies, keeps you in step with the latest advances in pediatric OT practice. Written by educators Jane Case-Smith and Jane Clifford O’Brien, this text is the Number One book in pediatric OT!
- Unique Evolve Resources website reinforces textbook content with video clips and learning activities for more comprehensive learning.
- Case studies help you apply concepts to actual situations you may encounter in practice.
- Evidence-based practice focus reflects the most recent trends and practices in occupational therapy.
- Unique! Chapter on working with adolescents helps you manage the special needs of this important age group.
- Unique! Research Notes boxes help you interpret evidence and strengthen your clinical decision-making skills.
- Video clips on a companion Evolve Resources website reinforce important concepts and rehabilitation techniques.
1. An Overview of Occupational Therapy for Children
2. Foundation for OT Practice with Children
3. Development of Childhood Occupations
4. In Transition to Adulthood: The Occupations and Performance Skills of Adolescence
5. Working with Families
6. Common Diagnosis in Pediatric Occupational Therapy Practice
7. Purposes, Processes, and Methods of Evaluation
8. Use of Standardized Tests in Pediatric Practice
9. Development of Postural Control
10. Development of Hand Skills
11. Sensory Integration
12. Visual Perception
13. Psychosocial and Emotional Domains
14. Behavioral Intervention and Behavioral Support
15. Feeding Interventions
16. Self-Care and Adaptations for Independent Living
17. Instrumental Activities of Daily living and Community independence
19. Prewriting and Handwriting Skills
20. Computers and Augmentative Communication
22. Neonatal Intensive Case Unit
23. Early Intervention
24. School-Based Occupational Therapy
25. Services for Children with Visual or Auditory Impairments
26. Hospital Services and Pediatric Rehabilitation
27. Transition Services: From School to Adult Life
Jane Case-Smith, EdD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Division of Occupational Therapy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA and Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME