Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Focusing on children from infancy to adolescence, Occupational Therapy for Children and Adolescents, 7th Edition provides comprehensive, full-color coverage of pediatric conditions and treatment techniques in all settings. Its emphasis on evidence-based practice includes updated references, research notes, and explanations of the evidentiary basis for specific interventions. And coverage of new research and theories, new techniques, and current trends, with additional case studies, keeps you in step with the latest advances in pediatric OT practice. Written by educators Jane Case-Smith and Jane Clifford O’Brien, this text is the Number One book in pediatric OT!
- Unique Evolve Resources website reinforces textbook content with video clips and learning activities for more comprehensive learning.
- Case studies help you apply concepts to actual situations you may encounter in practice.
- Evidence-based practice focus reflects the most recent trends and practices in occupational therapy.
- Unique! Chapter on working with adolescents helps you manage the special needs of this important age group.
- Unique! Research Notes boxes help you interpret evidence and strengthen your clinical decision-making skills.
- Video clips on a companion Evolve Resources website reinforce important concepts and rehabilitation techniques.
Section I: Foundational Knowledge for Occupational Therapy for Children 1. An Overview of Occupational Therapy for Children 2. Foundations and Practice Models for Occupational Therapy with Children 3. Development of Childhood Occupations 4. Adolescent Development: Transitioning from Child to Adult NEW! 5. Working with Families 6. Use of Standardized Tests in Pediatric Practice
Section II: Occupational Therapy Intervention: Performance Areas 7. Motor Control/Motor Learning 8. Hand Function Evaluation and Intervention 9. Sensory Integration 10. Cognitive Interventions for Children 11. Psychosocial Issues Affecting Social Participation 12. Social Participation: Older Children and Youth 13. Interventions and Strategies for Challenging Behaviors 14. Feeding Intervention 15. Activities of Daily Living and Sleep and Rest 16. Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, Driving, and Community Participation 17. Play 18. Prewriting and Handwriting Skills 19. Influencing Participation through Assistive Technology and Universal Access 20. Mobility
Section III: Areas of Pediatric Occupational Therapy Services 21. Overview of the NICU and Developmental Care 22. Early Intervention 23. School-based Occupational Therapy 24. Hospital and Pediatric Rehabilitation Services 25. Transition to Adulthood 26. Intervention for Children who have Visual Impairment 27. Autism Spectrum Disorder NEW! 28. Neuromotor: Cerebral Palsy NEW! 29. Pediatric Hand Therapy 30. Trauma-Induced Conditions
Jane Case-Smith, EdD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Professor, Division of Occupational Therapy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA and Jane Clifford O'Brien, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Department, Westbrook College of Health Professions, University of New England, Portland, ME