This product is available without an access card. Click the button below to get instant access now.
Learn to provide effective therapy for children and adolescents with Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants, 4th Edition. This market-leading text offers a comprehensive, application-focused guide to pediatric occupational therapy assisting by incorporating the AOTA Practice Framework. The text’s focused and easy-to-use approach to pediatrics covers everything from the scope of practice to in-depth coverage of normal development, pediatric health conditions, and treatment planning. This new edition has also been thoroughly updated and expanded to include new content and chapters on community systems, physical agent modalities, the Model of Human Occupation assessments, childhood obesity, documentation, neurodevelopmental treatment, and concepts of elongation.
1. Scope of Practice
2. Family Systems
3. Medical System
4. Educational System
5. Community Systems NEW!
6. Principles of Normal Development
7. Development of Occupational Performance Skills
8. Development of Occupations
9. Adolescent Development: Becoming an Adult
10. The Occupational Therapy Process
11. Anatomy and Physiology for the Pediatric Practitioner NEW!
12. Pediatric Health Conditions
13. Childhood and Adolescent Psychosocial and Mental Health Disorders
14. Childhood and Adolescent Obesity NEW!
15. Intellectual Disabilities
16. Cerebral Palsy
17. Positioning and Handling: A Neurodevelopmental Approach
18. Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
19. Instrumental Activities of Daily Living NEW!
20. Play and Playfulness
21. Functional Task at School: Handwriting
22. Therapeutic Media: Activity with Purpose
23. Motor Control: Fine Motor Skills
24. Sensory Processing/Integration and Occupation
25. Applying the Model of Human Occupation to Pediatric Practice NEW!
26. Assistive Technology
27. Orthoses, Orthotic Fabrication, and Taping
28. Animal-Assisted Services