Unit 1: Quality and Safety in Nursing Practice
Chapter 1: Using Evidence in Nursing Practice NEW!
Chapter 2: Communication & Collaboration
- Skill 2.1 Establishing the Nurse-Client Relationship
- Skill 2.3 Communications with Anxious, Angry, Depressed Patients, and Cognitively Impaired Patients
- Skill 2.4 Interprofessional Conflict Resolution NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 2.1 Hand-Off Communications NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 2.2 S-BAR Communication NEW!
Chapter 3: Documentation and Informatics
- Procedure Guideline 3.1 Documenting Nurses' Progress Notes
- Procedural Guideline 3.2 Using an Electronic Medical Record NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 3.3 Writing an Occurrence Report
Chapter 4: Patient Safety & Quality Improvement
- Procedural Guideline 4.1 Medical Error Reduction NEW!
- Skill 4.1 Fall Prevention
- Skill 4.2 Designing a Restraint Free Environment
- Skill 4.3 Applying Physical Restraints
- Skill 4.4 Seizure Precautions
- Skill 4.5 Fire, Electrical, and Radiation Safety
- Procedural Guideline 4.2 Conducting a Root Cause Analysis NEW!
Chapter 5: Infection Control
- Procedural Guideline 5.1 Medical Asepsis Principles NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 5.2 Surgical Asepsis Principles NEW!
- Skill 5.2 Applying Personal Protective Equipment
- Skill 5.3 Caring for Patients under Isolation Precautions
- Procedural Guideline 5.3 Special Tuberculosis Precautions
- Skill 5.4 Preparing & Maintaining a Sterile Field
- Skill 5.6 Applying Sterile Gloves
Unit 2: Patient Assessment Skills
Chapter 6: Vital Signs
- Skill 6.1 Measuring Body Temperature
- Skill 6.2 Assessing Pulse: Apical
- Skill 6.3 Assessing Pulse: Radial
- Procedural Guideline 6.1 Assessing Pulse: Apical Radial
- Skill 6.4 Assessing Respirations
- Skill 6.5 Assessing Blood Pressure
- Procedural Guideline 6.2 Assessing Blood Pressure Electronically
Chapter 7: Health Assessment
- Procedural Guideline 7.1 Monitoring Intake and Output
- Skill 7.2 Assessing the Head and Neck
- Skill 7.3 Assessing the Thorax and Lungs
- Skill 7.4 Cardiovascular Assessment
- Skill 7.5 Assessing the Abdomen
- Skill 7.6 Assessing the Genitalia and Rectum NEW!
- Skill 7.7 Musculoskeletal and Neurological Assessment
Chapter 8: Specimen Collection
- Skill 8.1 Urine Specimen Collection
- Procedural Guideline 8.1 Collecting a Timed Urine Specimen
- Procedural Guideline 8.2 Urine Testing
- Skill 8.2 Testing for Gastrointestinal Alterations--Gastroccult Test, Stool Specimen, and Hemoccult Test
- Skill 8.3 Collecting Specimens from the Nose and Throat
- Skill 8.4 Collecting a Sputum Specimens
- Skill 8.5 Obtaining Wound Drainage Specimens
- Skill 8.6 Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Skill 8.7 Performing Venipuncture
Chapter 9: Diagnostic Procedures