Drug Calculations Online for Calculate with Confidence (Access Code),6th Edition
Developed to accompany Calculate with Confidence, Drug Calculations Online, 6th Edition covers three major drug calculation methods — ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis. Opportunities for application and practice abound with animations, voice-overs, interactive self-assessment activities, practice problems, quizzes, an audio glossary, interactive case studies, and various alerts and boxes.
- Three methods of calculation expose you to all calculation methods and allow you to choose your preferred method.
- Uniform organization creates a seamless correlation between the course and the text.
- Tutorials help you master drug calculations in the preferred method.
- Interactive case studies provide real world simulations for interactive learning.
- Animations offer real world simulation and animation manipulation capabilities.
- Interactive self-assessment activities allow you to apply your knowledge in context and use your critical thinking skills.
- Voice-overs liven the discussion and offer another mode of interactivity.
- Audio glossary serves as a quick reference to key definitions.
- Safety alerts, tips for clinical practice, and rule boxes create a more uniform correlation between the course and the text.
- NEW! Practice problems with current drug labels create more realistic learning.
- NEW! Updated ISMP and TJC guidelines enable you to learn the most up-to-date terms and abbreviations.
1. Roman Numerals
4. Ratio and Proportion
6. Metric System
7. Apothecary and Household Systems
8. Converting Within and Between Systems
9. Additional Conversions Useful in the Health Care Setting
10. Medication Administration
11. Understanding and Interpreting Medication Orders
12. Medication Administration Records and Drug Distribution Systems
13. Reading Medication Labels
14. Dosage Calculation Using the Ratio and Proportion Method
15. Dosage Calculation Using the Formula Method
16. Dosage Calculation Using the Dimensional Analysis Method
17. Calculation of Oral Medications
18. Parenteral Medications
19. Reconstitution of Solutions
21. Intravenous Solutions and Equipment
22. Intravenous Calculations
23. Heparin Calculations
24. Critical Care Calculations
25. Pediatric and Adult Dosage Calculation Based on Weight
Deborah C. Gray Morris, RN, BSN, MA, LNC, Professor of Nursing, Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Bronx Community College, Bronx, NY