Oral Radiology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
With more than 1,000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations, Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation, 7th Edition visually demonstrates the basic principles of oral and maxillofacial radiology along with their clinical application. First, you’ll gain a solid foundation in radiation physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety and protection. Then you’ll learn intraoral and extraoral imaging techniques, including specialized techniques such as MRI and CT. The second half of the book focuses on how to recognize the radiographic features of pathologic conditions and interpret radiographs accurately. This edition also includes new chapters on forensics and cone-beam imaging. Written by oral radiology experts Stuart White and Michael Pharoah, this bestselling book helps you provide state-of-the-art care!
"This is a valuable source of information that should be in the armamentarium of any dentist in training or wanting to develop their competence in oral radiology." BRITISH DENTAL JOURNAL VOLUME 217 NO. 2 JUL 25 2014
- A consistent format makes it easy to follow and comprehend clinical material on each pathologic condition, including a definition, synonyms, clinical features, radiographic features, differential diagnosis, and management/treatment.
- Updated photos show new equipment and radiographs in the areas of intraoral radiographs, normal radiographic anatomy, panoramic imaging, and advanced imaging.
- Updated Digital Imaging chapter expands coverage of PSP plates and its use in cephalometric and panoramic imaging, examining the larger latitudes of photostimulable phosphor receptors and their linear response to the five orders of magnitude of x-ray exposure.
- Updated Guidelines for Prescribing Dental Radiographs chapter includes the latest ADA guidelines, and also discusses the European Guidelines.
- Updated information on radiographic manifestations of diseases in the orofacial region includes the latest data on etiology and diagnosis, with an emphasis on advanced imaging.
- Expert contributors include many authors with worldwide reputations.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography chapter covers machines, the imaging process, and typical clinical applications of cone-beam imaging, with examples of examinations made from scans.
- Evolve website adds more coverage of cases, with more examples of specific issues.
Part I: Foundations
3. Safety and Protection
Part II: Imaging
4. Digital Imaging
5. Film Imaging
6. Projection Geometry
7. Intraoral Projections
8. Intraoral Anatomy
9. Extraoral Projections
10. Panoramic Imaging
11. CBCT Volume Acquisition
12. CBCT Volume Preparation
13. CBCT Anatomy NEW!
14. Other Imaging Modalities
15. Quality Assurance and Infection Control
16. Prescribing Diagnostic Imaging
Part III: Interpretation
19. Periodontal Diseases
20. Inflammatory Disease
22. Benign Tumors
23. Other Bone Diseases
24. Malignant Diseases
25. Systemic Diseases
26. Paranasal Sinus Diseases
27. Temporomandibular Joint Abnormalities
28. Soft Tissue Calcifications and Ossifications
29. Salivary Gland Diseases
31. Dental Anomalies
32. Craniofacial Anomalies
Part IV: Other Applications
34. Forensics NEW!
Stuart C. White, DDS, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, University of California, School of Dentistry, Center for Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA and Michael J. Pharoah, DDS, Professor, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada