Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Be prepared in any clinical setting with this portable, full-color, illustrated guide. Examination tables and Aids to Differential Diagnosis tables provide easy access to the physical exam in a two-column format for each system exam. Key information includes differential diagnosis tips, pediatric variations, sample documentation, and other helpful assessment data for quick reference. Separate chapters cover age-specific exams for infants, children, adolescents, and older adults, the healthy female evaluation, as well as reporting and documenting findings for computerized charting.
- The two-column format featuring Exam Techniques, Expected Findings, and Unexpected Findings provides quick and reliable reference to key exam steps.
- Over 250 full-color figures depicting anatomy and physiology, exam procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual guide to performing exams.
- Documentation examples promote concise yet thorough patient charting for each system exam.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis Tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, making it easier to identify patients’ symptoms.
- Lists of the equipment required in preparation for each system exam facilitate efficiency in the practice setting.
- Color-coded tables highlight pediatric variations and provide quick-reference coverage of developmental considerations specific to pediatric patients.
- NEW! Updated Content throughout the book reflects the latest research and evidence-based practice to supply you with a best-practice approach to the physical exam.
- NEW! Vital Signs and Pain Assessment chapter groups important foundational and frequently-used tasks together for easy reference.
- NEW! Age-Specific Examination: Special Populations and Older Adults chapter makes it easy to locate specific variations in assessment for older adults with special needs.
1. The History
2. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment NEW!
3. Mental Status
4. Nutrition and Growth and Measurement
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Lymphatic System
7. Head and Neck
9. Ears, Nose, and Throat
10. Chest and Lungs
12. Blood Vessels
13. Breasts and Axillae
15. Female Genitalia
16. Male Genitalia
17. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
18. Musculoskeletal System
19. Neurologic System
20. Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
21. The Healthy Female Evaluation
22. Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
23. Age-Specific Examination: Special Populations and Older Adults NEW!
24. Reporting and Recording
Appendix: Quick Reference to Special Histories
Jane W. Ball, RN? DrPH? CPNP, Chief Nursing and Content O? cer,Triaj, Inc, Havre de Grace, Maryland, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, APRN, FNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP, FAAN, Professor and Executive Director, Advanced Practice, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, MEd, Professor of Medicine;The University of Chicago,Chicago, Illinois, Barry S. Solomon, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics,Chief, Division of General Pediatrics;Assistant Dean for Medical Student A? airs,The Johns Hopkins University,School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland and Rosalyn W. Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics;The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland