Seidel's Physical Examination Handbook - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Be prepared in any clinical setting with this portable, full-color, illustrated guide. Examination tables and Aids to Differential Diagnosis tables provide easy access to the physical exam in a two-column format for each system exam. Key information includes differential diagnosis tips, pediatric variations, sample documentation, and other helpful assessment data for quick reference. Separate chapters cover age-specific exams for infants, children, adolescents, and older adults, the healthy female evaluation, as well as reporting and documenting findings for computerized charting.
- The two-column format featuring Exam Techniques, Expected Findings, and Unexpected Findings provides quick and reliable reference to key exam steps.
- Over 250 full-color figures depicting anatomy and physiology, exam procedures, and normal and abnormal findings offer a visual guide to performing exams.
- Documentation examples promote concise yet thorough patient charting for each system exam.
- Aids to Differential Diagnosis Tables summarize distinguishing characteristics of abnormalities, making it easier to identify patients’ symptoms.
- Lists of the equipment required in preparation for each system exam facilitate efficiency in the practice setting.
- Color-coded tables highlight pediatric variations and provide quick-reference coverage of developmental considerations specific to pediatric patients.
- Updates throughout reflect the latest research and evidence-based practice findings on all aspects of the physical exam.
- New content on electronic charting reflects the shift to electronic medical records in clinical practice and offers a current resource on what and how to chart.
- An updated drug table provides a list of physical findings potentially related to common classes of drugs.
Chapter 1: The History
Chapter 2: Mental Status
Chapter 3: Nutrition and Growth and Measurement
Chapter 4: Skin, Hair, and Nails
Chapter 5: Lymphatic System
Chapter 6: Head and Neck
Chapter 7: Eyes
Chapter 8: Ears, Nose, and Throat
Chapter 9: Chest and Lungs
Chapter 10: Heart
Chapter 11: Blood Vessels
Chapter 12: Breasts and Axillae
Chapter 13: Abdomen
Chapter 14: Female Genitalia
Chapter 15: Male Genitalia
Chapter 16: Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
Chapter 17: Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 18: Neurologic System
Chapter 19: Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
Chapter 20: The Healthy Female Evaluation
Chapter 21: Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
Chapter 22: Reporting and Recording
Jane W. Ball, RN, DrPH, CPNP, Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, RN, FNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP, Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, The University of Texas; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, MEd, Professor of Medicine, Chief Physician and Dean for Clinical Affairs, and Director of the Faculty Practice Plan, The University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, IL, Barry S. Solomon, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Director, Harriet Lane Clinic, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD and Rosalyn W. Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD