Mosby's Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Mosby’s Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health, 7th Edition is your portable, quick-access reference to help you make sense of the complex world of health care. It features over 35,700 authoritative definitions (including approximately 300 all-new definitions) of diseases, procedures, equipment, drugs, and more, along with pronunciations, etymologies, and a Spanish/English appendix. If you want the most reliable health science information literally right at your fingertips, then look no further than this bestselling pocket dictionary.
- Emphasis on nursing and health science terminology support health science students and practicing professionals.
- Small size makes dictionary easy to transport.
- Over 35,700 definitions provides students and health professionals with necessary information.
- Alphabetized screened thumb tabs save you time finding terms.
- British spellings help users recognize alternate spellings.
- Included etymologies build professional vocabulary and understanding of medical terminology.
- Newly revised definitions make this a cohesive and portal reference.
- 300 new definitions added for the latest terms in health care, drugs and medical and nursing terminology
Commonly Used Abbreviations (Endsheets)
Guide to the Dictionary
Appendix 1: English-Spanish Translation Guide
Appendix 2: American Sign Language and Manual Communication