This product is available without an access card. Click the button below to get instant access now.
Master the assistive strategies you need to make confident clinical decisions and help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities with this new essentials text. Based on the Human Activity Assistive Technology (HAAT) model developed by Dr. Cook, the book provides the most important coverage of the devices, services, and practices that comprise assistive technology and focuses on the relationship between the human user and the assisted activity within specific contexts. Case studies, illustrations of assistive devices, review questions, and well-developed learning objectives help you focus on the most important areas of assistive technology application.
1. Introduction and Overview
2. A Framework for Assistive Technologies
3. Disabled Human User of Assistive Technologies
4. Seating Systems as Extrinsic Enablers for Assistive Technologies
5. Making the Connection: User Inputs for Assistive Technologies
6. Control Interfaces for Assistive Technologies
7. Computer Access Ð Augmenting the Keyboard and Mouse
8. Sensory Aids for Persons with Visual Impairments
9. Sensory Aids for Persons with Auditory Impairments
10. Assistive Technologies to Aid Cognitive Function
11. Augmentative and Alternative Communication
12. Technologies That Enable Mobility
13. Technologies for Transportation and Driving
14. Technologies That Aid Manipulation and Control of the Environment