This product is available without an access card. Click the button below to get instant access now.
Covering common pulmonary function tests and techniques, Ruppel's Manual of Pulmonary Function Testing, 10th Edition is not only an authoritative, on-the-job reference, but an excellent resource for preparing for the CPFT (certified pulmonary function technologist) and RPFT (registered pulmonary function technologist) specialty credentialing examinations. It includes information on pathophysiology, equipment, and quality assurance, so you can develop the testing skills you need to find and assess lung abnormalities and conditions including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, and cystic fibrosis. Written by Carl Mottram, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, one of the most respected experts in pulmonary function procedures, this text helps you get accurate test results every time.
1. Indications for Pulmonary Function Testing
3. Diffusing Capacity Tests
4. Lung Volumes, Airway Resistance and Gas Distribution Tests
5. Ventilation and Ventilatory Control Tests
6. Blood Gases and Related Tests
7. Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
8. Pediatric Pulmonary Function Tests
10. Specialized Test Regimens
11. Pulmonary Function Test Equipment
12. Quality Systems in the Pulmonary Function Laboratory
13. Reference Values & Pulmonary Function Interpretation
Appendix A: Answers to Self-Assessment