Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
A concise, pocket-sized nursing reference, Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing: Just the Facts, 8th Edition provides quick access to all of the information you'll need to know in your clinicals. A streamlined format organizes content by body system, using tables, boxes and bulleted lists to simplify lookup. From definitions and abbreviations to dosage calculations and lab values, this pocket guide presents the most up-to-date guidelines and clinical information in a popular, quick-reference format!
- The concise, pocket-sized format ensures portability for use in the clinical setting.
- Content is presented in tabular, list, and outline format for quick and easy retrieval.
- A body-systems organization makes it easy to locate specific information, including basic assessment and infection control guidelines, diagnostic tests, basic emergency care procedures, and more.
- Chapter outlines with corresponding page numbers provide quick, easy access to information.
- Basic facts and figures provide the valuable background frequently needed in early clinical experiences.
- Abbreviation guidelines are included.
- An English-to-Spanish Translation Guide helps you communicate with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Thoroughly updated information reflects current nursing practice.
- New 2010 AHA CPR Guidelines are included.
- The latest information on infection control is included.
- Updates include the newest information on pressure ulcers.
- Includes the latest NANDA diagnoses.
1. Health Care Terminology
2. Medications: Calculations and Administration
3. Infection Control
4. Basic Nursing Assessments
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System
8. Muscular System
9. Nervous System
10. Circulatory System
11. Respiratory System
12. Endocrine System
13. Digestive System
14. Urinary System
15. Reproductive System
16. Tests and Procedures
17. Surgical Nursing Care
18. Patient Safety
19. Care of the Dying
Appendix: English-to-Spanish Translation Guide: Key Medical Questions
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL, Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN and Veronica Peterson, BA, RN, BSN, MS, Manager of Clinical Support, University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation; Adjunct Clinical Instructor, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Madison, WI