Ethics and Law in Dental Hygiene - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study - Access Card
Page Count: 272
List Price: $66.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Learn how to make sound ethical and legal decisions in practice with ETHICS AND LAW IN DENTAL HYGIENE, Second Edition. This book is written in the context of "real-world" situations that you will encounter on a regular basis in dental hygiene practice. The book is divided into three sections: ethics, law, and simulations and applications. The latter section contains 25 case studies with accompanying discussion and thought questions, along with testlets that mirror the style of the newly revised National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) and suggested activities. Appendixes include the recently revised American Dental Association (ADA) and American Dental Hygiene Association (ADHA) respective codes of ethics, making this the most up-to-date ethics book for dental hygiene currently on the market. With this expert guidance, you’ll be prepared to take the NBDHE and address ethical dilemmas in everyday practice.
- Real-world relevance of concepts helps you apply knowledge to everyday situations.
- Contributors are renowned leaders in dental hygiene education.
- Learning Outcomes and Key Terms at the beginning of each chapter provide a detailed list of the concepts to master.
- A new chapter, “Social Responsibility and Justice, covers timely issues such as access to care and disparities in oral health care.
- More case studies – 25 total – cover a wide range of situations.
- The latest information on HIPAA policies is discussed, and the newly revised ADA and ADHA codes of ethics are printed in their entirety.
Chapter 1: Ethics and Professionalism
Chapter 2: Ethical Theory and Philosophy
Chapter 3: Ethical Principles and Values
Chapter 4: Social Responsibility and Justice
Chapter 5: Codes of Ethics
Appendix 5-1: American Dental Hygienists’ Association Code of Ethics for Dental
Chapter 6: Ethical Decision Making in Dental Hygiene and Dentistry
Chapter 7: Society and the State Dental Practice Act
Chapter 8: Dental Hygienist–Patient Relationship
Chapter 9: Dental Hygienist–Dentist-Employer Relationship
Chapter 10: Risk Management
Section III–Simulations and Applications
Case Studies, Testlets, and Activities
Appendix A: American Dental Association Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct
Bibliography and Suggested Readings
Phyllis L. Beemsterboer, RDH, MS, EdD, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR