Prepare for the NBDE Part II and ABO certification exams the smart way with Mosby’s Orthodontic Review! This comprehensive resource offers a concise review of orthodontic concepts, diagnosis, treatment planning, and clinical treatment — all in a question-and-answer format that is ideal for certification and re-certification exam prep, as well as for clinical practice. Plus, clinical case reports allow you to apply your knowledge to real patient scenarios. This is the only review book designed specifically for orthodontics, making it a must-have for students, residents, general dentists, and orthodontists!
"This book can be highly recommended; it is good value for money and gives a comprehensive overview of the subject. The publication is suitable for general dentist with an interest in orthodontics, postgraduate students of the subject as well as specialists." Reviewed by: European Journal of Orthodontics, March 2015
"..suitable for general dentist with an interest in orthodontics, postgraduate students of the subject as well as specialists." Reviewed by Stephanie Oiknine on behalf of European Journal of Orthodontics, February 2015
" ... this volume for orthodontics is timely." Reviewed by Dr. Niall McGuinness on behalf of Orthodontics, March 2015
- Content is designed to prepare you for the NBDE, Part II and the ABO written and clinical examinations to help you achieve the best results.
- Detailed illustrations provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, key concepts, and more with case study photos that detail treatment from a patient’s initial exam to completion.
- Proven question and answer format covers the key information for each topic and helps prepare you for certification exams.
- NEW Appropriate Timing for Correction of Malocclusions chapter addresses craniofacial growth and development and dentitional development, helping select the proper timing of orthodontic treatment for different problems.
- NEWVertical Dimensions and Anterior Open Bite chapter covers the etiology, diagnosis and treatment of different types of vertical problems, with case studies varying in the cause and severity of the problems, and with individualized treatment plans based on the functional and skeletal requirements of each patient.
- NEW Three-Dimensional Update on Clinical Orthodontic Issues chapter addresses the key clinical issues answered with the use of digital models and cone beam CT (CBCT), which is becoming the standard for the investigation of the maxillofacial structures in all three dimensions of the space — especially in orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery.
- NEW editor Dr. Sercan Akyalcin brings expertise as an award-winning educator and well-respected reviewer for orthodontics journals.
1. Craniofacial Growth and Development
2. Development of the Occlusion
3. Appropriate Timing for Orthodontic Treatment
4. Orthodontic Records and Case Evaluation
5. 3-Dimensional Imaging in Orthodontics
6. Diagnosis of Orthodontic Problems
7. Orthodontic Appliances
8. Biomechanics in Orthodontics
9. Treatment Planning
10. Treatment Tactics for Problems Related to Dento-Facial Discrepancies in Three Planes of Space
11. Phase I - Early Treatment
12. The Invisalign® System
13. Treatment of Class II Malocclusions
14. Class III Correctors
15. Minor Tooth Movement
16. Phase II: Nonsurgical Adolescent and Adult Cases
17. Adult Interdisciplinary Orthodontic Treatment
18. Implants in Orthodontics
19. Miniscrews and Palatal Implants for Orthodontic Anchorage
20. Oral Hygiene: Possible Problems and Complications
21. Orthodontics and Craniofacial Deformities
22. Temporomandibular Disorders
23. Retention in Orthodontics
24. Soft Tissue Diode Laser Surgery In Orthodontics
25. Computer-Aided Surgical Simulation for Complex Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery