Mosby's Massage Therapy Review - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Written by massage therapy expert Sandy Fritz, this unique review resource prepares you for all of your massage therapy exams — both routine semester exams and tests administered for licensure, such as the National Certification Exam and the MBLEx. This comprehensive review features updated content and questions based on the currently administered licensing exams. Plus, a companion Evolve website comes loaded with 8 practice exams and a variety of review activities such as labeling exercises, crossword puzzles, electronic coloring book, games, and much more! And for studying on the go, Mosby offers a new mobile app featuring 125 test questions. No other massage review on the market gives you such complete exam preparation!
- The companion CD, packaged with the text, features two practice tests that match the electronic format of actual certification exams, mirror the content of the NCE and MPLEx exams (offered by NCBTMB and FSMTB), and offer immediate remediation for any areas of weakness.
- More than 1,300 review questions include the two types of questions on the NCE — factual recall and comprehension.
- Content review includes a detailed review of body systems and their applications to massage.
- A companion Evolve website helps you review with study tips plus games and activities.
- A new five-step review process lets you identify areas that need more attention as you study and prepare. Tips for studying and test taking; what to memorize; how to apply concepts and think critically help you hone test-taking skills better than ever before.
- A full-color design features 100 new illustrations showing massage techniques and Anatomy & Physiology.
Part 1: HOW TO STUDY FOR CREDENTIALING EXAMS 1. Overview of the Licensing and Certification Process 2. How to Study for Exams Part 2: REVIEWING FOR FACTUAL RECALL 3. Review of Massage Application 4. Anatomy and Physiology Part 3: REVIEWING FOR COMPREHENSION 5. Massage Theory and Application 6. Functional Anatomy and Physiology Part 4: REVIEW QUESTIONS BY CONTENT AREA 7. Therapeutic Massage 8. Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology Part 5: PRACTICE EXAMS
Appendixes Appendix A: Indications and Contraindications to Massage Appendix B: Glossary Appendix C: Answer Keys
Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA