Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The most effective, practical approach to the recognition and management of cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary medicine, Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 5th Edition walks readers through the challenges and conditions encountered in everyday practice. This completely revised and updated edition includes vital information on diagnostic modalities and techniques, therapeutic options, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical management of the dog and cat cardiac patient. A new chapter on genetic and biomarker testing and a new chapter on nutrition surrounding cardiovascular disease ensure practitioners are well-equipped to handle every aspect of cardiac care in small animals.
- Covers common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods for cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, as well as procedures for resuscitation.
- Includes numerous reproductions of electrocardiograms, thoracic radiographs, and pressure curves
- Vibrant, full-color format helps important material stand out and includes vivid illustrations to aid in diagnosis and treatment.
- A user-friendly format with bullet points, tables, key points, and boxes offers at-a-glance access to key information.
- Cardiac Surgery chapter provides illustrated, step-by-step coverage of cardiovascular surgical procedures and techniques.
- Chapters on Pacemaker Therapy and Cor Pulmonale and Pulmonary Thromboembolism expand the scope of coverage
- A completely updated drug formulary presents the most current therapies used to pharmacologically manage cardiovascular disease.
- Twenty-nine expert contributors share their knowledge and clinical exposure to ensure you are using the most trustworthy and up-to-date information available.
Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease
1. The History of Physical Examination
2. Radiology of the Heart
4. Echocardiography and Doppler Ultrasound
5. Special Diagnostic Techniques for Evaluation of Cardiac Disease
6. Laboratory Diagnosis of Cardiac Disease NEW!
Section 2: Cardiovascular Diseases
7. Acquired Valvular Disease
8. Canine Cardiomyopathy
9. Feline Cardiomyopathy
10. Cor Pulmonale & Pulmonary Thromboembolism
11. Canine and Feline Heartworm Disease
12. Cardiac Tumors and Pericardial Disease
13. Congenital Heart Disease
14. Cardiovascular Disorders in Systemic Diseases
15. Systemic Hypertension
Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
16. Pathophysiology and Therapy of Heart Failure
17. Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
18. Cardiopulmonary Arrest and Resuscitation
19. Emergency Management and Critical Care
20. Anesthesia of the Cardiac Patient
21. Cardiac Surgery
22. Pacemaker Therapy
23. Nutrition and Cardiac Disease NEW!
1. Canine Breed Predilections for Heart Disease
2. Available Canine and Feline Genetic Tests for Breed-Specific Cardiac Disease NEW!
3. Breed-Specific Cardiac Conditions for Dogs and Cats NEW!
4. Genetic Testing Centers NEW!
5. Common Cardiovascular Drugs
6. New Guidelines for CPR NEW!
7. Echocardiographic Normals by Body Weight & Breed
8. Chief Classification System of Canine Congestive Heart Failure
Francis W. K. Smith, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine & Cardiology), Vice President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Lexington, MA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA, Larry P. Tilley, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine), President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Consultant, New Mexico Veterinary Specialty Referral Center, Santa Fe, NM, Mark Oyama, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology), Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA and Meg M. Sleeper, VMD, DACVIM(Cardiology), Clinical Professor, Cardiology, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainsville, FL, USA