Quick & Easy Medical Terminology - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study, 7th Edition
Make learning medical terminology faster and more fun with Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 7th Edition! Presenting terms in the context of body systems, this book helps you begin reading, writing, and speaking medical terms in the shortest time possible. Small chunks of information are always followed immediately by exercises, so you will be learning every minute! This edition adds new illustrations and a new Special Senses chapter, and an Evolve companion website includes word games, activities, and audio pronunciations to make it easier to understand and remember terminology. Written in a clear, conversational style by Peggy C. Leonard, this resource gives you the tools to communicate effectively in the health care environment.
- The programmed learning approach presents content in small blocks called 'frames' that allow you to get immediate feedback on your progress.
- A flexible, body systems organization lets you go through the material in any order after completing the orientation chapters, making it easy to coordinate your study with other courses such as anatomy and physiology.
- A review of anatomy and physiology at the beginning of each body systems chapter provides a context for understanding tmedical terminology.
- Medical reports with review exercises are included in the book and on the Evolve companion website, allowing you to practice using terms in real-life situations.
- Quick Tips in the margins add essential information and interesting, fun facts.
- NEW! Special Senses chapter provides dedicated coverage of the eye and ear.
- NEW! Expanded mental health coverage includes the mental health terms you are most likely to encounter in clinical practice.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with advances in healthcare.
- NEW! Photos and drawings illustrate difficult terms and procedures, including the increased use of endoscopy in many specialties.
Part One: The Basics
- Simplified Medical Language
- Suffixes and Combining Forms Made Easy
- Essential Prefixes and More
- Diagnostic Procedures and Therapeutic Interventions
- The Body as a Whole
Part Two: Body Systems- Musculoskeletal System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Integumentary System
- Nervous System and Psychologic Disorders
- Special Senses NEW!
- Endocrine System
Part 3: Appendixes
I. Medical Abbreviations
A. Chapter Abbreviations
B. Writing Medical Abbreviations
II. Word Parts
A. Meanings of Word Parts
B. English Terms and Corresponding Word Parts
III. Answers to Exercises
Peggy C. Leonard, BA, MT, MEd, Chesterfield, MO