Sonography Exam Review: Physics, Abdomen, Obstetrics and Gynecology - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study, 2nd Edition
Be confident that you can answer any and all questions on your registry exams correctly when you prepare with this complete review. Mosbys Comprehensive Review for General Sonography Examinations provides study resources for all three main exams required for general ultrasound practice: physics, abdomen, and ob/gyn. Each chapter is arranged in table and outline format with 50 review questions at the end of the chapter and a mock exam at the end of each section. Access additional mock exams for each subject area on the companion CD or Evolve site. These exams give you experience with timed test taking in an electronic environment that simulates the actual registry exam experience. With this realistic preview of the exam environment and solid review of the material, youll be prepared to ace the exams!
"..no doubt that this is a worthwhile text which could provide a useful revision platform for sonography students in the UK." Reviewed by Sue Halson-Brown on behalf of RAD Magazine, February 2015
- Complete preparation for the three general ARDMS exams (physics, abdomen, and ob/gyn)
- Content review in outline and tabular format provides a quick review of all the material you need to learn, including key terms, anatomy, functions, scanning techniques, lab values, and pathology.
- More than 2,500 questions in Registry format cover everything you’ll be tested on in the Registry exams.
- Rationales for answers to mock questions help you understand why an answer is correct or incorrect and increase your comprehension.
- More than 350 ultrasound scans included in the abdominal and ob/gyn sections prepare you for exam questions that ask you to identify pathology on scans.
- Color insert with Doppler images of the liver, biliary, and umbilical cord helps you be ready to answer questions related to Doppler imaging.
- Companion CD provides extra timed, graded mock exams and two entertaining, interactive games: Sonography Millionaire and Tournament of Sonography.
Sonography Principles and Instrumentation
1. Patient Care, Safety and Communication
2. Physics Principles
3. Ultrasound Transducers
4. Pulse Echo Instrumentation
5. Doppler Instrumentation and Hemodynamics
6. Quality Assurance and Quality Control of Equipment
Physics Mock Exam
8. Biliary System
10. Urinary System
13. Abdominal Vasculature
14. Gastrointestinal Tract
15. Superficial Structures, Abdominal Wall and Musculoskeletal
16. Scrotum and Prostate
18. Peritoneum, Non-cardiac Chest and Invasive Procedures
Abdomen Mock Exam
Gynecology and Obstetrics Sonography
19. Pelvic Anatomy
20. Physiology of the Female Pelvis
21. Uterine and Ovarian Pathology
22. Adnexal Pathology and Infertility
23. Assessment of the First Trimester
24. Assessment of the Second Trimester
25. Assessment of the Third Trimester
26. Fetal Abnormalities
27. Complications in Pregnancy
28. Placenta and Umbilical Cord
29. Patient Care, Preparation and Technique
Gyn/OB Mock Exam
Susanna Ovel, RDMS, RVT, RT(R), Senior Sonographer and Clinicial Instructor, Radiological Associates of Sacramento, Sacramento, CA