Virtual Medical Office for Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant (Access Code), 8th Edition
Develop the critical thinking and decision-making skills you need to confidently succeed on the job with Virtual Medical Office. This innovative learning system simulates the experience of working in a real medical office and integrates content from your Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 7th Edition textbook with an engaging study guide and interactive lessons to enable you to make decisions and learn from your mistakes in a realistic and completely safe environment.
- Review key CAAHEP and ABHES competencies in professionalism, communication, and administrative tasks through 15 unique cases correlated directly to content in your textbook.
- Learn how to process patients from check-in to check-out and familiarize yourself with the medical office environment with 2 hours of immersive video footage.
- Experience realistic patient interaction and perfect your communication skills.
- Practice working with realistic documents and information sources, including medical records, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
- Perfect your critical thinking skills with active learning exercises.
- Assess your progress and compare results with experts through integrated performance reviews.
- Learn at your own pace with an easy-to-use interface that breaks lessons into manageable chunks.
- Learn to spot common coding errors and gain a more comprehensive understanding of important HIPAA protocols.
- Complete and submit your assignments online through Evolve for convenient review and assessment.
Lesson 1 Performing Other Professional Duties (Chapters 3, 4, and 5)
Lesson 2 Telephone Techniques (Chapters 5 and 9)
Lesson 3 Scheduling and Managing Appointments (Chapter 10)
Lesson 4 Scheduling Admissions and Procedures (Chapters 10, 14, and 15)
Lesson 5 Maintaining a Proper Inventory (Chapters 12, 14, and 15)
Lesson 6 Written Communications (Chapter 13)
Lesson 7 Organizing a PatientÕs Medical Record (Chapter 14 and 15)
Lesson 8 Filing Medical Records (Chapter 14 and 15)
Lesson 9 Insurance Forms and Verification (Chapters 18, 19, 20, and 21)
Lesson 10 Bookkeeping (Chapters 22, 23, and 24)
Lesson 11 Payroll Procedures (Chapter 24)
Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX and Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA