Clinical Nursing Judgment Study Guide for Medical-Surgical Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
The Clinical Nursing Judgment Study Guide for Ignatavicius & Workman's Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8th Edition, provides extensive practice in developing clinical judgment and reasoning skills while facilitating deep learning of the core textbook content. Completely revised under new authorship and with a fresh emphasis on NCLEX-style questions and core textbook content, the 8th edition Study Guide ensures that you are thoroughly prepared for today’s NCLEX Examination and safe nursing practice.
- Provides a thorough review of core textbook content while uniquely developing your clinical nursing judgment skills.
- Emphasis on clinical decision-making prepares you to confidently make safe and effective decisions in clinical practice.
- Answer key in the back of the book facilitates self-study.
- NEW! Stronger emphasis on NCLEX Exam question formats, including alternate-item formats, familiarizes you with NCLEX question formats to better prepare you for the NCLEX Examination.
- NEW! Tips for Student Success introductory chapter helps you apply academic knowledge to the clinical setting.
- NEW! Renewed emphasis and focus on core textbook content helps you focus limited study time on learning core medical-surgical content from the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook, rather than searching for content from other sources.
- NEW! Extensive revision under new authorship facilitates learning of essential textbook content with greater quality, accuracy, and consistency.
- NEW! Expanded use of long-term care questions addresses the shift in clinical sites toward long-term skilled care settings.
Tips for Student Success [NEW!]
UNIT I: Foundations for Medical-Surgical Nursing
UNIT II: Concepts of Emergency Care and Disaster Preparedness
UNIT III: Management of Patients with Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
UNIT IV: Management of Perioperative Patients
UNIT V: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Immune System
UNIT VI: Problems of Protection: Management of Patients with Problems of the Skin, Hair, and Nails
UNIT VII: Problems of Oxygenation: Management of Patients with Problems of the Respiratory Tract
UNIT VIII: Problems of Cardiac Output and Tissue Perfusion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Cardiovascular System
UNIT IX: Problems of Tissue Perfusion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Hematologic System
UNIT X: Problems of Cognition, Mobility, and Sensory Perception: Management of Patients with Problems of the Nervous System
UNIT XI: Problems of Sensation: Management of Patients with Problems of the Sensory System
UNIT XII: Problems of Mobility: Management of Patients with Problems of the Musculoskeletal System
UNIT XIII: Problems of Digestion, Nutrition, and Elimination: Management of Patients with Problems of the Gastrointestinal System
UNIT XIV: Problems of Regulation and Metabolism: Management of Patients with Problems of the Endocrine System
UNIT XV: Problems of Excretion: Management of Patients with Problems of the Renal/Urinary System
UNIT XVI: Problems of Reproduction: Management of Patients with Problems of the Reproductive System
Donna D. Ignatavicius, MS, RN, CNE, ANEF, Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs;
Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators;
President, DI Associates, Inc.
Placitas, New Mexico, M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, Linda A. LaCharity, PhD, RN, Formerly, Accelerated Program Director and Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio and Candice K. Kumagai, MSN, RN, Formerly, Instructor in Clinical Nursing, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas