Saunders Strategies for Test Success - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource + Evolve Access (Retail Access Cards), 3rd Edition
- 1,000 online practice questions allow you to apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
- An emphasis on comprehensive test preparation helps you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX examination.
- Chapters on specific question content such as prioritization, pharmacology, and delegation provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher-level questions.
- A Developing Study Skills chapter provides helpful tips on improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
- Helpful Tips for the Beginning Nursing Student highlight the most important concepts needed for exam success.
- UPDATED and Unique! Test-Taking Strategies now highlight topics you may review for further remediation in Saunders Strategies for Test Success and Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX Exam.
- New! 500 more practice questions have been added to the Evolve companion website, bringing the total to 1,000 questions.
- Expanded coverage of alternate item format questions includes a NEW chapter with explanations and strategies for analyzing and answering these questions, updated practice questions, and a special icon highlighting these question types.
PART I: Study and Test Preparation
1. Preparing for Nursing Examinations
2. Developing Study Skills
3. Reducing Test Anxiety
4. NCLEX Preparation
PART II: Strategies for Success
5. Alternate Item Formats NEW!
6. How to Avoid ‘Reading Into The Question’
7. Positive and Negative Event Queries
8. Questions Requiring Prioritization
9. Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions
10. Communication Questions
11. Pharmacology Questions
12. Additional Pyramid Strategies
PART III: Practice Tests
13. Fundamental Skills Questions
14. Adult Health Questions
15. Mental Health Questions
16. Maternity Questions
17. Child Health Questions
18. Pharmacology Questions
19. Delegating/Prioritizing Questions
20. Leadership/Management Questions
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI