Dental Instruments - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card),5th Edition
Learn to confidently recognize and manage more than 300 dental instruments with Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 5th Edition. A unique flashcard-style format pairs descriptions with high-quality photographs and illustrations. A pocket-sized, spiral-bound format makes for quick reference. This edition also features content a new chapter on patient monitoring equipment and new content on facebow equipment, dental imaging devices, nitrous oxide equipment, and more to support expanded duties in dental assisting. With its portable and highly visual nature, Dental Instruments is ideal for both studying and for chairside reference.
- More than 450 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to enhance your ability to quickly and accurately identify dental instruments.
- UNIQUE! Flashcard format makes it easy to assess your knowledge of dental instruments.
- Practice Notes and Sterilization boxes help you ensure compliance with common practice standards and state regulations.
- Well-organized format includes a text description of each instrument along with its name, functions, and characteristics. Chapters move from basic instruments into those used within specialty areas of dentistry.
- Pocket-sized, spiral-bound design provides easy, at-a-glance access to key information.
- NEW! Chapter on Patient Monitoring Equipment covers electrocardiography, capnography, and more.
- NEW! Artwork features images of the latest equipment models along with a significant increase in the number of "in-use" photos.
- UPDATED! New content on facebow transfers, dental imaging devices, nitrous oxide equipment, and more.
1. Basic Dental Instruments
2. Enamel Cutting Instruments
3. Local Anesthetic Syringe and Components
4. Evacuation Devices and Air/Water Syringe Tip
5. Dental Handpieces
6. Burs and Rotary Attachments for Handpieces
7. Dental Dam Instruments
8. Amalgam Restorative Instruments
9. Composite Restorative Instruments
10. Crown and Bridge Restorative Instruments
11. Endodontic Instruments
12. Hygiene Instruments
13. Preventive and Sealant Instruments and Bleaching Trays
14. Orthodontic Instruments
15. Universal Surgical Instruments
16. Periodontal Instruments and Periodontal Surgical Instruments
17. Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments
18. Sterilization Equipment
19. Dental Materials Equipment
20. Dental Radiography Equipment
21. NEW! Patient Monitoring Equipment
Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, CDA, RDA, BA, Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA