Practice Management for the Dental Team - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study, 8th Edition
Learn the business skills you need to run a dental office! Practice Management for the Dental Team, 8th Edition, is comprehensive one-stop resource for dental practice management and the only one that includes EagleSoft practice management software screen shots and exercises for a realistic office experience. This unique text provides practical information on a wide range of dental office skills, from managing patients to running the business. The 8th Edition covers changes in technology in the dental office, including the electronic health record (EHR); telecommunications; appointment scheduling and tracking, and dental office accounting and financial management.
- UNIQUE! Patterson Dental EagleSoft practice management content includes screen shots and original exercises that equip you with valuable realistic practice experience.
- Comprehensive coverage on the business of managing a dental practice provides vital information to ensure the success of any dental practice.
- Key terminology defined in the chapter’s glossary and called out in boldface color within chapter discussions helps you understand dental practice and clinical dentistry terminology essential to the success of any team member.
- Learning Activities and Practice Notes encourage you to apply the content to realistic office situations and convey important tips and advice.
- Learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter frame the content and serve as checkpoints for comprehension and study.
- Summary tables and boxes provide easy-to-read summaries of text discussions that support visual learners and serve as useful review and study tools.
- Expert author Betty Ladley Finkbeiner imparts knowledge and advice from her years of experience and wide reach in practice and education.
- Bibliographical citations direct you to targeted sources of information where additional dental-related information can be located.
- Appendixes provide supplemental information for quick and handy office reference.
- Ancillary content supplements the core text presentations, providing opportunities for practice and study.
- NEW and UPDATED! Electronic health record (EHR) content addresses the changes in technology related to the paperless dental office, telecommunications, appointment management, and financial systems to help you become compliant with EHR federal mandates.
- NEW! Practice quizzes for each chapter on the Evolve website help you test comprehension and prepare for classroom and board exams.
- NEW! Artwork focuses on new equipment and technology, specifically the paperless dental office.
PART I: DENTISTRY AS A BUSINESS
1. The Business of Dentistry
2. Dental Team Management
3. Patient Management
4. Legal and Ethical Issues in the Dental Business Office
5. Technology in the Business Office
6. Office Design and Equipment Placement
PART II: COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT
7. Working with Dental Office Documents
8. Business Record Storage
9. Written Communication
10. Electronic and Telecommunications
PART III: BUSINESS OFFICE SYSTEMS
11. Appointment Management Systems
12. Inventory Systems and Supply Ordering
13. Recall Systems
14. Dental Insurance
15. Financial Systems: Accounts Receivable
16. Other Financial Systems
17. Infection Control Systems
PART IV: THE DENTAL ASSISTANT IN THE WORKPLACE
18. Planning and Managing Your Career Path
Appendix A Composition Basics
Appendix B Numbers
Appendix C Prefixes and Suffixes
Appendix D Abbreviations
Appendix E Dental Terminology
Betty Ladley Finkbeiner, CDA Emeritus, RDA, BS, MS, Emeritus Faculty, Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, MI and Charles Allan Finkbeiner, BS, MS, Emeritus Faculty, Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, MI