Esthetics and Biomechanics in Orthodontics - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Esthetics and Biomechanics in Orthodontics, 2nd Edition provides everything you need to know to successfully apply biomechanics in clinical orthodontics. This edition features new content in the areas of tooth movement, treating Class III malocclusions, skeletal anchorage, Surgery First treatment plans, and space closure. In addition to comprehensive guidance on basic biomechanic principles, this state-of-the-art reference also shows how all techniques can apply biomechanical principles to improve the force delivery, understand and prevent side effects, and achieve predictable results.
- Highly regarded lead author, Dr. Ravindra Nanda, is a widely known and respected educator in the field of orthodontics.
- Comprehensive coverage of diagnosis, treatment planning, and esthetics in tooth display provides a solid foundation in orthodontia and biomechanic problem solving.
- Case reports include high-quality photographs, radiographs, and illustrations to better show biomechanical principles.
- Radiographs and line drawings accompany clinical photographs to help illustrate the various stages of treatment.
- NEW! Content on the fundamentals that guide orthodontic tooth movement offers a clear understanding of how orthodontic appliances work and their role in designing treatment methodologies.
- NEW! Content on procedures and indications for optimal space closure helps you define priorities in treatment planning and understand all the treatment alternatives.
- NEW! Detailed information on biomechanics-based management of impacted canines provides treatment planning strategies and biomechanic techniques to achieve desired results without increasing treatment time.
- NEW! Coverage on modalities for the treatment of Class III malocclusions offers insight into new treatment protocols — such as corticotomy-assisted facemask therapy and corticotomy-assisted maxillary protraction — that are available to effectively treat these occurrences.
- NEW! Detailed information on the different forms of skeletal anchorage (including mini-implant technology) shows how certain challenges associated with types of tooth movement can now be overcome by applying sound biomechanical principles to skeletal anchorage.
- NEW! In-depth coverage of the Surgery First (SF) treatment plan offers step-by-step examples to help explain the technique of Sendai SF and its benefits
Part 1: DIAGNOSIS AND ESTHETIC CONCEPTS 1. Individualized Orthodontic Diagnosis 2. Individualized Orthodontic Treatment Planning 3. Esthetics in Tooth Display and Smile Design
Part 2: BIOMECHANICS 4. Mechanical Principles of Tooth Movement NEW! 5. Biologic Mechanisms in Orthodontic Tooth Movement 6. Biomechanic Basis of Extraction Space Closure 7. Biomechanics Based Management of Impacted Canines NEW!
Part 3: MANAGEMENT OF VERTICAL DIMENSION PROBLEMS 8. Management of Deep Overbite Malocclusion 9. Management of Open Bite Malocclusion 10. Molar and Incisor Positioning to Achieve Occlusal and Esthetic Objectives
Part 4: MANAGEMENT OF CLASS II MALOCCLUSION 11. Strategies for Treatment of Young Patients with Class II Malocclusions 12. Non Extraction Class II Correction 13. Class II Correction with an Intermaxillary Fixed Non Compliance Device: Twin Force Bite Corrector Part 5: MANAGEMENT OF CLASS III MALOCCLUSION 14. Treatment Strategies for Developing and Non-Developing Class III Malocclusions 15. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Developing Class III Malocclusion 16. Biomechanical Aspects of a Modified Protraction Headgear 17. New Modalities for the Treatment of Class III Malocclusions NEW!
Part 6: ESTHETICS WITH TEMPORARY ANCHORAGE DEVICES 18. Achieving Optimal Esthetics with Palatal Mini Implants NEW! 19. Expanding the Limits for Esthetic Strategies by Skeletal Anchorage 20. A Bioefficient Skeletal Anchorage System 21. A Novel Approach in Developing Facial Esthetics in Cleft Lip and Palate Patients
Part 7: ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY 22. Esthetics and New Approaches to Orthognathic Surgery NEW! 23. Surgery First: The Protocol of Innovative Surgical Orthodontics NEW! 24. Biomechanical Factors in Surgical Orthodontics
Part 8: INTERDISCIPLINARY MANAGEMENT 25. Interdisciplinary Management of Complex Dental Problems 26. Missing Lateral Incisors: New Procedures and Indications for Optimal Space Closure NEW! 27. Interrelationship of Orthodontics with Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry
Part 9: FINISHING 28. Biomechanics Strategies for Optimal Finishing
Ravindra Nanda, BDS, MDS, PhD, Professor Emeritus Department of Orthodontics University of Connecticut Health Center Farmington, Connecticut, USA