Anatomy of Orofacial Structures - Enhanced Edition, 7th Edition
A combined text and student workbook, Anatomy of Orofacial Structures: A Comprehensive Approach, Enhanced 7th Edition, makes it easy to understand oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy. Now in full color, the book includes more than 800 images, as well as review questions and detachable flashcards for convenient, on-the-go study. Clear coverage provides a solid foundation for students in dental assisting and dental hygiene programs. From longtime dental educators Richard Brand and Donald Isselhard, this book provides a complete learning package!
"I would highly recommend this book to all students; it will see you through dental school and beyond. It is useful for junior years of the BDS course while providing more detailed information for final years and newly qualified dentists." Reviewed by: British Dental Journal Date: Aug 2014
- Comprehensive coverage of oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy – makes this a single source for oral anatomy.
- More than 800 detailed anatomical illustrations support the material, including labeled line drawings, radiographs, and clinical photographs.
- Text/Workbook format includes a perforated workbook section with chapter-by-chapter questions.
- Removable flashcards feature an image of a tooth on one side and that tooth’s identifying/important information on the other side, providing an easy and effective study tool.
- A logical organization puts the most foundational information first, starting with dental anatomy and followed by oral histology and embryology, and then head and neck anatomy.
- NEW! Full-color art program features more than 800 images – illustrations, clinical photos, and radiographs.
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION 1. Oral Cavity
Unit I Test Unit I Suggested Readings
UNIT II: DENTAL ANATOMY 2. The Tooth Functions 3. Fundamental and Preventative Curvatures 4. Dentition 5. Development, Form, and Eruption 6. Occlusion 7. Dental Anomalies 8. Supporting Structures 9. Clinical Considerations 10. Tooth Identification 11. Root Morphology 12. Incisors 13. Canines 14. Premolars 15. Molars 16. Deciduous Dentition
Unit II Test Unit II Suggested Readings
UNIT III: ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY 17. Basic Tissues 18. Development of Orofacial Complex 19. Dental Lamina and Enamel Organ 20. Enamel, Dentin, and Pulp 21. Root Formation and Attachment Apparatus 22. Eruption and Shedding of Teeth 23. Oral Mucous Membrane 24. The Tongue 25. Salivary Glands
Unit III Test Unit III Suggested Readings
UNIT IV : HEAD AND NECK ANATOMY 26. Osteology of the Skull 27. Nose, Nasal Cavity, and Paranasal Sinuses 28. Muscles of Mastication, Hyoid Muscles, and Sternocleidomastoid and Trapezius Muscles 29. Temporomandibular Joint 30. Muscles of Facial Expression 31. Soft Palate and Pharyx 32. Arterial Supply and Venous Drainage 33. Salivary Glands 34. Nervous System 35. Lymphatics and Spread of Dental Infection
Unit IV Test Unit IV Suggested Readings
Answers to Review Questions Unit Test Answers Appendix Glossary
Richard W Brand, BS, DDS, FACD, Professor Emeritus, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO and Donald E Isselhard, BS, DDS, FAGD, MAGD