Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
- Clinical application boxes help you sharpen your skills and apply principles to practice.
- Test Yourself boxes throughout chapters emphasize important study points.
- An extensive glossary provides quick reference to hundreds of important terms and definitions.
- Over 300 new illustrations help you identify structures with rich, realistic clarity.
- A NEW full color format visually enhances your understanding of anatomic and physiologic concepts.
- Four NEW chapters give you the latest insight on the chemical basis of life, nutrition and metabolism, pregnancy, development, and lactation, and reptile and amphibian anatomy and physiology.
- A revised chapter on the cardiovascular system helps you most effectively comprehend the complex functions of the heart and blood vessels.
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Basis for Life
3. The Amazing Cell
4. Tissues: Living Communities
5. The Integumentary System
6. Skeletal System
7. Muscular System
8. Cardiovascular System
9. Blood, Lymph and Immunity
10. Respiratory System
11. Digestive System
12. Nutrition and Metabolism
13. Nervous System
14. Sense Organs
15. Endocrine System
16. Urinary System
17. Reproductive System
18. Pregnancy, Development and Lactation
19. Avian Anatomy and Physiology
20. Reptilian and Amphibian Anatomy and Physiology
Thomas P. Colville, DVM, MSc, Director, Veterinary Technology Program, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND and Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA