Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 656
List Price: $67.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Start your veterinary technician education off on the right foot with Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians, 3rd Edition. Combining expert clinical coverage with engaging writing and vivid illustrations, this popular text is the key to helping you understand the anatomic and physiologic principles that will carry you throughout your career. In addition to its comprehensive coverage of the diverse ways in which animal bodies function at both the systemic and cellular levels, the new third edition features a variety of helpful application boxes, vocabulary lists, and Test Yourself questions in every chapter to ensure you have a firm grasp of anatomic structure and its relevance to clinical practice.
- Clinical application boxes help you sharpen your skills and apply principles to practice.
- Test Yourself boxes throughout chapters emphasize important study points.
- An extensive glossary provides quick reference to hundreds of important terms and definitions.
- Over 300 new illustrations help you identify structures with rich, realistic clarity.
- A NEW full color format visually enhances your understanding of anatomic and physiologic concepts.
- Four NEW chapters give you the latest insight on the chemical basis of life, nutrition and metabolism, pregnancy, development, and lactation, and reptile and amphibian anatomy and physiology.
- A revised chapter on the cardiovascular system helps you most effectively comprehend the complex functions of the heart and blood vessels.
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Basis for Life
3. Anatomical Structure of the Cell
4. Physiology of the Cell
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System
8. Muscular System
9. Nervous System
10. Sense organs
11. Endocrine System
12. Blood, Lymph and Lymph Nodes
13. Immunity and Defense
14. Cardiovascular System
15. Respiratory System
16. Digestive System
17. Nutrients and Metabolism
18. Urinary System
19. Reproductive System
20. Pregnancy, Development and Lactation
21. Avian Anatomy and Physiology
22. Amphibian and Reptilian Anatomy and Physiology
Thomas P. Colville, DVM, MSc, Director, Veterinary Technology Program, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND and Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor and Director, Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College, Jenkintown, PA