Using a clear, hands-on approach to learning front office skills, Medical Office Administration, 3rd Edition prepares you for a successful career as an administrative medical assistant. You will perform procedures with Medisoft® v18 software, allowing you to practice day-to-day tasks as if you were in an actual office setting. This edition adds NEW coverage of ICD-10 coding and updated content on electronic health records. Written by expert medical administrative educator Brenda Potter, this worktext helps you develop the knowledge and skills you need to think critically and respond confidently to the challenges you’ll encounter on the job. Medisoft software sold separately.
- The engaging worktext format reinforces chapter content and encourages you to apply what you’ve learned to real-world case studies, critical thinking exercises, role-playing exercises, and collaborative learning activities.
- Written in a conversational writing style, making reading and absorbing the material easier and more enjoyable.
- Real-world examples offer practical insight from the front lines of medical office administration.
- Sample administrative procedures provide realistic practice managing common tasks with real-world office management software. An optional upgrade package includes the MediSoft Version 14 Student CD you can use for additional independent practice.
- Provides more in-depth coverage of patient diversity than any other medical office text.
- Key terms are defined throughout each chapter and in greater detail in a comprehensive glossary to clarify important concepts.
- Procedure boxes throughout the book offer step-by-step instructions on how to perform specific administrative tasks.
- Procedure Checklists, based on CAAHEP competencies, spell out the individual steps required to complete a full range of administrative procedures.
- Evolve online features include interactive terminology flash cards, chapter review exercises, content updates, and Web links for additional reading.
- HIPAA Hints boxes throughout the text familiarize you with essential state and federal compliance regulations you’ll encounter in practice.
1. The Career of a Medical Administrative Assistant
2. The Health Care Team
3. Medical Law
4. Medical Ethics
5. The Diverse Community of Patients
6. Interpersonal Communications
7. Appointment Scheduling
8. Patient Reception and Registration
9. Health Information Management
10. Medical Billing
11. Health Insurance
12. Business Operations of the Medical Office
13. Financial Management
14. Human Resource Management
15. Job Search Essentials
I. Answers to Checkpoint Questions
II. Procedure Competency Checklists
III. Instructions for Medisoft Software
IV. Medical Abbreviations