Medical Terminology Online for Exploring Medical Language,9th Edition
The perfect online companion to LaFleur's Exploring Medical Language, 9th Edition, Medical Terminology Online provides an enhanced learning experience to help you develop the specialized vocabulary and word analysis skills you'll need for success in health care. This online course incorporates chapter-specific learning modules, animations, and narrated slide shows to bring concepts to life and help you learn to communicate effectively in health care settings.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Outcome-based learning provides instant feedback and ensures you are meeting course objectives.
- Self-assessment quizzes and exams enable you to track your progress and identify areas requiring further study.
- Medical record activities help you practice identifying and interpreting medical terms located within realistic health care documents.
- End-of-module case studies link concepts together and test your understanding of essential information.
- Interactive exercises strengthen your ability to recognize and recall medical terms.
- Threaded case studies challenge you to apply terminology to real-world scenarios.
- An extensive glossary provides quick access to definitions and audio pronunciations for more than 5,000 terms in both English and Spanish.
- Animations and slide shows clarify difficult concepts not easily understood through text descriptions and static images.
- NEW! Updated content and media reflect advances in technology and changes in the healthcare delivery system.
- Web activities enhance understanding of key topics.
- Updated terms and abbreviations keep you current with the latest advances in technology and changes in the health care industry.
- Enhanced design helps you learn more efficiently.
1. Introduction to Medical Language and Online Learning
2. Body Structure, Color, and Oncology
3. Directional Terms, Planes, Positions, Regions, and Quadrants
4. Integumentary System
5. Respiratory System and Introduction to Diagnostic Procedures and Tests
6. Urinary System
7. Male Reproductive System
8. Female Reproductive System
9. Obstetrics and Neonatology
10. Cardiovascular, Immune, and Lymphatic Systems and Blood
11. Digestive System
14. Musculoskeletal System
15. Nervous System andBehavioral Health
16. Endocrine System
Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ and Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MEd, MA, Faculty, Medical Assisting and Allied Health and Science
Community College of Vermont