Does your instructor plan to use this product on Evolve (instead of a school's LMS - like Blackboard, etc)?
With modules corresponding to the material in the Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 5th Edition text, Pathophysiology Online demonstrates disease processes and disorders in a clear and visual way. Animations, slide shows, and other interactive resources enhance understanding of pathophysiology for any learning style. A case-based approach presents information in small "chunks" for easier comprehension, encourages critical thinking, and helps you apply concepts. Within each module, a set of lessons lets you study and review pathophysiology — with exercises to allow self-assessment. Developed for students in the health professions, Pathophysiology Online is the perfect tool to get the most out of your book!
- Clinical Correlation case studies let you apply pathophysiology to the real world, with each case including a patient with a pathology pertaining to a specific body system, along with an electronic health record and self-assessment questions.
- Animations, slide shows, and audio narration demonstrate the more difficult disease and health processes, showing how, why, when, and the order in which abnormal physiologic processes take place.
- Self-assessment activities promote learning with Self-Check activities such as image association, drag-and-drop, matching, multiple choice, and flash card activities, and Think About short-answer exercises — all with immediate feedback and source references.
- Student-friendly features in each module include a lesson overview with learning objectives, glossary terms, and a module summary.
- Audio glossary offers quick, easy access to new and unfamiliar terms — some with illustrations — along with pronunciations and definitions.
- Additional photos and illustrations not included in the textbook visually reinforce learning.
Section I: Pathophysiology: Background and Overview
Module 1: Introduction to Pathophysiology
Module 2: Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid/Base Imbalances
Module 3: Introduction to Basic Pharmacology and Other Common Therapies
Module 4: Pain
Section II: Defense/Protective Mechanisms
Module 5: Inflammation and Healing
Module 6: Infection
Module 7: Immunity
Section III: Pathophysiology of Body Systems
Module 8: Skin Disorders
Module 9: Musculoskeletal Disorders
Module 10: Blood and Circulatory System Disorders
Module 11: Lymphatic System Disorders
Module 12: Cardiovascular System Disorders
Module 13: Respiratory System Disorders
Module 14: Neurological Disorders
Module 15: Disorders of the Eyes, Ears and Other Sensory Organs
Module 16: Endocrine System Disorders
Module 17: Digestive System Disorders
Module 18: Urinary System Disorders
Module 19: Reproductive System Disorders
Section IV: Biological Factors Contributing to Pathophysiology
Module 20: Neoplasms and Cancer
Module 21: Congenital and Genetic Disorders
Module 22: Complications Due to Pregnancy
Module 23: Complications Due to Adolescence
Module 24: Complications Due to Aging
Section V: Environmental Factors and Pathophysiology
Module 25: Immobility and Associated Problems
Module 26: Stress and Associated Problems
Module 27: Substance Abuse and Associated Problems
Module 28: Environmental Hazards and Associated Problems