Surgical Instrumentation - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study, 2nd Edition
With hundreds of detailed, full-color photographs of common surgical instruments, Surgical Instrumentation: An Interactive Approach, 2nd Edition makes it easier to learn the identification, purpose, and set up of instruments for surgical procedures. Many photos include close-up views of the instrument tip, so you can quickly discern differences between instruments. Interactive resources on Evolve let you rotate key instruments 360 degrees for viewing from any angle, zoom in to examine the tip or zoom out to reveal the entire instrument, and also include flash cards, timed memory exercises, Mayo stand set up quizzes, and animations of large and small fragmentation sets. Written for surgical technologists by surgical technology educator Renee Nemitz, this resource offers a level of visual clarity and realism unmatched by any other surgical instrument book!
- More than 600 full-color, high-quality photographs help you learn the most common surgical instruments for all surgical procedures.
- Consistent instrument monographs include the name, common name, category, use (type of surgery and where on the body), cautions relating to safety or patient care, and other details such as regional name variations.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website include all of the images from the text, additional 360-degree views and close-ups of over 100 instruments, animations of large and small fragment sets, and timed recall exercises for practice in learning instruments.
- Close-up photos of more than 100 instruments show the details of each tip, demonstrating variations and making it easier to identify each surgical instrument.
- Presentation of two or fewer illustrations per page makes it easier to see the details of each instrument.
- Enhanced flash cards and quizzes on the Evolve companion website allow you to review instruments by chapter or to randomize your review with instruments from the entire text.
- Alternative names are added to the book’s index for easer lookup of instruments whose names have regional variations.
- Enhanced quizzes on Evolve are available as Practice or Test options, and results may be printed out for submission to instructors.
1. Introduction to Surgical Instruments
2. Basic Instruments
3. General Instruments
4. Laparoscopic Instruments
5. Robotic Instruments
6. Obstetrics and Gynecologic Instruments
7. Genitourinary Instruments
8. Ophthalmic Instruments
9. Otorhinolaryngologic Instruments
10. Oral Instruments
11. Plastic and Reconstructive Instruments
12. Orthopedic Instruments
13. Neurosurgical Instruments
14. Cardiovascular Thoracic Instruments
Renee Nemitz, CST, RN, AAS, Surgical Technology Program Instructor, Western Iowa Tech Community College, Sioux City, IA