Dental Assisting Online (DAO) for Modern Dental Assisting, 11th Edition
Corresponding to the material in Bird and Robinson's bestselling text, Modern Dental Assisting, and updated and expanded to match the 11th Edition, Dental Assisting Online (DAO) reinforces understanding with a blend of content review and fun, engaging exercises. This new edition of DAO brings concepts to life with 42 interactive modules — including six all-new modules — that include videos and animations, interactive exercises, review questions, quizzes, and exams with instant feedback and rationales. Threaded case study content presents realistic clinical scenarios and challenges you to apply what you've learned. Going beyond simple reading and memorization, DAO’s range of audio, visual, and interactive learning opportunities helps you master dental assisting procedures, think critically, and ultimately learn to solve problems in the workplace.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Correlation with Modern Dental Assisting matches modules to corresponding chapters in the textbook, with reading assignments that provide the necessary background to work through the module.
- Interactive format offers more ways and more opportunities to truly grasp and master challenging and key content, thus increasing your chance for success.
- Interactive exercises offer hands-on experience with word-building, identification and labeling, sequencing, fill-in, crosswords, and multiple-choice questions.
- High-quality photos and drawings illustrate dental assisting concepts and procedures, as well as clinical situations, equipment, and materials.
- Procedure videos and exercises help you learn the steps necessary to perform and demonstrate competency in each skill.
- Threaded case study scenarios focus on a fictitious patient within applicable modules, encouraging you to use the medical/dental histories, periodontal chart, and radiographs to supplement what you’ve learned and provide a realistic continuity of care.
- Key terms are defined in context via a hover feature and linked to a fully searchable glossary with audio pronunciations that is accessible from any screen within the course.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams test your mastery of content and include immediate feedback.
- Expanded-function icons highlight content relating to procedures that may be approved in certain states and prohibited in others.
- Descriptive tooth identification follows each mention of a specific Universal Tooth Number with a description of that tooth to support varying numbering styles among countries.
- Learning-oriented construction separates modules into lessons, with each module designed to be completed in 30-45 minutes and each lesson to be completed within 10-20 minutes.
- User-friendly design and easy navigation makes the module outline and glossary accessible from any screen.
- Introduction screens in each lesson provide a reading assignment from Modern Dental Assisting, and a second screen lists why the information is important, plus learning objectives and key terms.
- NEW! Six new modules accompany book chapters on embryology and histology, head and neck anatomy, periodontics, oral pathology, business office activities, and financial management.
- NEW! Expanded glossary includes new terms and pronunciations.
1. Oral Embryology and Histology NEW!
2. Head and Neck Anatomy NEW!
3. Overview of the Dentitions
4. Tooth Morphology
5. Dental Caries
6. Periodontal Disease NEW!
7. Preventive Dentistry
9. Oral Pathology NEW!
10. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
11. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
12. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
13. Chemical and Waste Management
14. Medical History
15. Medically and Physically Compromised Patient
16. Vital Signs
17. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
18. Assisting in a Medical Emergency
19. Delivering Dental Care
20. Dental Hand Instruments
21. Dental Handpieces and Accessories
22. Moisture Control
23. Anesthesia and Pain Control
24. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiation Safety
25. Digital Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs
26. Intraoral Imaging
27. Extraoral Imaging
28. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
29. Dental Liners Bases, and Bonding Systems
30. Dental Cements
31. Impression Materials
32. Laboratory Materials and Procedures
33. General Dentistry
34. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
35. Fixed Prosthodontics
36. Provisional Coverage
38. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
39. Coronal Polishing
40. Dental Sealants
41. Business Operating Systems NEW!
42. Financial Management in the Dental Office NEW!
Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDA, RDH, MA, Faculty, Allied Dental Education Program, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa, CA and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Research Assistant Professor and Research Study Coordinator, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC