Basic Nursing’s multimedia enhanced edition has new resources on the Evolve website including case studies, journal articles from Mosby’s Nursing Consult, updated skills content plus interactive checklists, and the new Mobile Quick Reference — a web app with even more resources that can be accessed on any device. Online videos support the book’s easy-to-read, visual approach, making it easier to understand fundamental nursing — from principles and concepts to nursing skills and care plans. A strong focus on critical thinking provides an excellent foundation for clinicals. Developed by expert nursing educators Patricia A. Potter, Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia Stockert, and Amy Hall, Basic Nursing Multimedia Enhanced Version is ideal for busy nursing students!
- UNIQUE! Case studies in every chapter follow nursing interventions for specific patient ailments, and include coverage of documentation.
- Care plans demonstrate the application of the 5-step nursing process to individual patient problems, showing how a plan is developed and how to evaluate care.
- Critical thinking exercises relate case scenarios to those you will encounter in clinicals and practice.
- Review questions prepare you for the NCLEX® examination.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care in all clinical chapters.
- UNIQUE! Video icons direct you to videos of skills on the Evolve companion website.
- Audio summaries allow for easy review of each chapter, even on the go.
- English/ Spanish audio glossary provides definitions and explanations of key terms.
- NEW and UNIQUE! The Mobile Quick Reference is a free web application that contains an entire Clinical Companion, plus new material on safety, evidence-based practice, gerontology, and more!
- NEW! Updated skills and checklists contain the latest information for safe and effective practice.
- NEW! Case studies with questions on the Evolve companion website help you apply your knowledge in core areas.
- Links to Mosby’s Nursing Consult offer access to current research and the latest changes in nursing practice, including areas such as pain and sedation, sepsis, and cardiac guidelines.
UNIT ONE: CONCEPTS IN NURSING
1. Health and Wellness
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Legal Principles in Nursing
6. Evidence-Based Practice
UNIT TWO: PROCESSES IN NURSING CARE
7. Critical Thinking
8. Nursing Process
9. Informatics and Documentation
11. Patient Education
12. Managing Patient Care
UNIT THREE: ESSENTIALS FOR NURSING PRACTICE
13. Infection Control
14. Vital Signs
15. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
16. Administering Medications
17. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
UNIT FOUR: PROMOTING PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH
18. Caring in Nursing Practice
19. Cultural Diversity
20. Spiritual Health
21. Growth and Development
22. Self-Concept and Sexuality
23. Family in Nursing
24. Stress and Coping
25. Loss and Grief
UNIT FIVE: PROMOTING PHYSICAL HEALTH
26. Exercise and Activity
31. Pain Management
33. Urinary Elimination
34. Bowel Elimination
36. Skin and Wound Care
37. Sensory Alterations
38. Surgical Patient