One of the most comprehensive texts on the market, Joint Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing, 3rd Edition, is an easy-to-follow reference that guides you in accurately measuring range of motion and muscle length for all age groups. Written by renowned educators, Nancy Berryman Reese and William D. Bandy for both Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy professionals, this book describes in detail the reliability and validity of each technique. A new companion web site features video clips demonstrating over 100 measurement techniques!
- Each chapter uses the same format for each technique, allowing you to quickly and easily identify the information you need.
- Hundreds of photos and illustrations clearly depict the various techniques and landmarks.
- Evidence-based information throughout includes the latest data on ROM normative values and reliability /validity studies.
- Figures have easy-to-find dots that serve as anatomical markers, providing a fast visual reference for exactly where to place the measuring device.
- Complete coverage of the tape measure, goniometer, and inclinometer prepare you to use any tool in the clinical setting.
- A new chapter on infants and children covers specific techniques used in measuring range of motion in children, with a particular emphasis on the measurement of joint motion in infants.
- 70 new line drawings help you align the goniometer or other tools accurately.
- Increased coverage of techniques for measuring the motions of the extremities using the inclinometer.
- Reorganized and updated information in each chapter incorporates the latest references and testing techniques, and includes descriptions of the arthrokinematics and functional range-of-motion requirements for each joint.
1: Measurement of Range of Motion and Muscle Length: Background, History, and Basic Principles
2: Measurement of Range of Motion and Muscle Length: Clinical Relevance
3: Measurement of Range of Motion of the Shoulder
4: Measurement of Range of Motion of the Elbow and Forearm
5 Measurement of Range of Motion of the Wrist and Hand
6: Muscle Length Testing of the Upper Extremity
7: Reliability and Validity of Measurements of Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing of the Upper Extremity
8: Measurement of Range of Motion of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine
9: Measurement of Range of Motion of the Cervical Spine and Temporomandibular Joint
10: Reliability and Validity of Measurement of Range of Motion for the Spine and Temporomandibular Joint
11: Measurement of Range of Motion of the Hip
12: Measurement of Range of Motion of the Knee
13, Measurement of Range of Motion of the Ankle and Foot
14: Muscle Length testing of the Lower Extremity
15: Reliability and Validity of Measurements of Range of Motion and Muscle Length Testing of the Lower Extremity
16: Measurement of Joint Motion in Infants and Children NEW!
Appendix A: Sample Data Recording Forms
Appendix B: Normative Range of Motion for the Extremities and Spine in Adults