Facility Coding Exam Review 2014 - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study,
Prepare to confidently succeed on your facility coding exam with Facility Coding Exam Review 2014: The Certification Step with ICD-10-CM/PCS! From leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, this exam review provides complete coverage of all topics covered on the facility certification exams, including anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each organ system; reimbursement concepts; an overview of CPT, ICD-10-CM/PCS, and HCPCS coding; and more. Practice exams and a final mock exam simulate the testing experience to better prepare you for certification success.
- Comprehensive review content based on the facility exam covers everything you need to know to pass your certification exam.
- Concise outline format helps you access key information quickly and study more efficiently.
- Concrete real-life coding reports simulate the reports that you will encounter on the job and challenge you to apply key coding principles to actual cases.
- Success Strategies section guides you through the entire exam process.
- Practice exams on the Evolve companion website allow you to assess strengths and weaknesses and develop a plan for focused study.
- A final exam located on the Evolve website simulates the actual testing experience you’ll encounter when you take the facility certification exam.
- Answers and rationales to the practice and final exams are available on the Evolve website.
- Updated content includes the latest ICD-10 code sets, promoting exam success and accurate coding on the job.
- NEW! Mobile-optimized 10-question quizzes provide quick, on-the-go study with 260 extra medical terminology and pathophysiology questions that may be downloaded to mobile devices.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
Unit 1: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
Unit 2: Reimbursement Issues
Unit 3: Overview of CPT, ICD-10-CM/PCS, and HCPCS Coding
Unit 4: Preparing for Practice Examinations
Appendix A: Resources
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Combining Forms
Appendix D: Prefixes
Appendix E: Suffixes
Appendix F: Abbreviations
Appendix G: Further Text Resources
Appendix H: Pharmacology Review
Appendix I: Practice Exercises Answers and Rationales
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN