Cleft Palate Speech - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card),4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study - Access Card
Page Count: 432
List Price: $124.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
As the classic reference on cleft palates for more than 25 years, 'the blue book' continues to be the single, essential source on cleft lip and palate for all members of the craniofacial team. This essential text provides a unique and comprehensive approach to cleft assessment, treatment, and management, with new and revised content that will keep you at the cutting edge of cleft lip and palate treatment and therapies.
- Comprehensive coverage of every aspect of cleft palate and related disorders, making this a superb resource and guide for students and practitioners alike.
- Content is presented in a clinically useful manner, in a way that encourages you to evaluate and critically consider the information presented.
- Thorough coverage of the available literature on cleft lip and cleft palate includes both contemporary and historically significant studies, as well as low-incidence types of phenomena.
- An unmatched art program includes clear anatomical drawings as well as high-quality photographs.
- The Birth of a Child with a Cleft introduction provides a detailed preview to the treatment of children with clefts, and offers useful suggestions for interacting with their parents.
- Coverage of the latest research and advancements including surgical and dental management, speech development, genetics, and more, ensures that you have thoroughly researched information on the most recent developments in the field.
- Consider This boxes highlight important tips, information, and offer advice on how to apply theory and research to clinical situations.
- New artwork clearly demonstrates and enhances understanding of important clinical conditions and procedures.
- Improved organization helps you understand key concepts in a logical progression and enhances the presentation of the material.
Introduction: The Birth of a Child with a Cleft
Section I: The Basic Physical Problems
1: Cleft Lip and Palate
Appendix to Chapter 1: The Genetics of Clefting
2: Multi-anomaly Disorders
3: Anatomy and Physiology of the Velopharyngeal System
Section II: Physical Management
4: Surgical Management
5: Dental Management
6: Hearing Disorders in Cleft Palate and other Craniofacial Disorders
Section III: Diagnosing and Managing the Communication Disorders in Cleft Palate
7: Communication Disorders
8: Noncleft Velopharyngeal Problems
9: Assessment of Speech-Language Problems
10: Instrumentation for Assessing Velopharyngeal Function
11: Treatment of Speech-Language Problems
12: Physical Management of Velopharyngeal Inadequacy
Section IV: Quality of Life
13: Social, Psychological and Educational Issues
Sally J. Peterson-Falzone, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Center for Craniofacial Anomalies, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA, Mary A. Hardin-Jones, PhD, Professor, Division of Communication Disorders, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, USA and Michael P. Karnell, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA