Virtual Clinical Excursions Online eWorkbook for Essentials for Nursing Practice, 8th Edition
Simulations - VCE - Digital Workbook
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions is an interactive print and online workbook that guides you through a virtual hospital setting where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. By immersing yourself in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE allows you to get acclimated to the routine and rigors of the average clinical rotation where you can conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect data, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. Each lesson ties together reading assignments found in your Essentials for Nursing Practice text and activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital — providing a perfect environment to "practice" what you are learning.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
Some content has been removed from this site because Flash is no longer supported on web browsers.
- Online workbook includes a variety of activities to guide you through patient scenarios and as you collect information, make decisions, and set priorities.
- Physical examination tool includes unique images and assessment finding for each patient scenario.
- Medication administration tool enhances your ability to think critically about safe medication practices and follow safe medication standards.
- Patient chart provides quick access to various patient charts, such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
- Electronic patient record houses data from the patient’s entire hospital stay and offers the ability to record new data findings.
- Kardex offers quick access to the nursing needs and observations pertaining to your patient’s care.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict interactions between nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments to complete your case.
- Vital signs tool measures the patient’s blood pressure, oxygen saturation, temperature, heart rate, respiratory rate, and pain level.
- NEW! Online format enables you to access Virtual Clinical Excursions from any PC, MAC, or tablet.
- NEW! Laboratory guide provides normal value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare normal lab values against your patients’ test results.
Getting Set Up
Quick Tour and Reference Guide
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research,Patient Care Services,Barnes-Jewish Hospital,St. Louis, Missouri, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor Emerita,School of Nursing,Southern Illinois University,Edwardsville, Illinois, Patricia A. Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, Illinois. and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana