Oral, Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Oral, Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery is the first multidisciplinary text to provide readers with a system for managing adult head and neck cancers based upon stage. Using an evidence-based approach to the management and treatment of a wide variety of clinical conditions, the extensive experience of the author and contributors in head and neck surgery and oncology are highlighted throughout the text. This includes computer aided surgical simulation, intraoperative navigation, robotic surgery, endoscopic surgery, microvascular reconstructive surgery, molecular science, and tumor immunology. In addition, high quality photos and illustrations are included, which are easily accessible on mobile devices.
- Management protocols and outcomes assessment provide clear guidelines for managing problems related to adult head and neck oncology and reconstructive surgery.
- State-of-the art guidance by recognized experts details current techniques as well as technological advances in head and neck/cranio-maxillofacial surgery and oncology.
- Evidence-based content details the latest diagnostic and therapeutic options for treating a wide-variety of clinical problems with an emphasis on surgical technique and outcomes.
- Multidisciplinary approach reflects best practices in managing head and neck oncology and cranio-maxillofacial surgery.
- 900 highly detailed images clearly demonstrate pathologies and procedures.
- Designed for the modern classroom which lets you access important information anywhere through mobile tablets and smart phones.
Part 1: Principles 1. Epidemiology 2. Cellular and Molecular Pathology 3. Molecular Biology 4. Oncoviruses 5. Diagnostic Imaging 6. Endoscopic Evaluation of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract 7. Virtual Surgical Planning 8. Intraoperative Navigation 9. Management of the Neck 10. Microvascular Surgery 11. Tissue Engineering 12. Maxillofacial Reconstruction and Prosthetic Rehabilitation 13. Radiation Therapy 14. Chemotherapy 15. Immunotherapy 16. Oral/Dental Oncology 17. Speech Pathology and Rehabilitation
Part 2: Site-Specific Multidisciplinary Treatment Section A: Oral Cavity 18. Early Tongue Cancer 19. Advanced Tongue Cancer 20. Advanced Tongue Cancer (special considerations requiring total glossectomy) 21. Early Floor of Mouth Cancer 22. Advanced Floor of Mouth Cancer 23. Early Oro-mandibular Cancer 24. Advanced Oro-mandibular Cancer 25. Early Buccal Mucosa Cancer 26. Advanced Buccal Mucosa Cancer 27. Early Palatomaxillary Cancer 28. Advanced Palatomaxillary Cancer 29. Advanced Palatomaxillary Cancer (special considerations related to reconstruction) 30. Advanced Palato-Maxillary Cancer (special considerations related to nasal involvement) 31. Lip Cancer
Section B: Pharynx 32. Early HPV-Related Tonsil Cancer 33. Early HPV-Related Base of Tongue Cancer 34. Advanced HPV-Related Oropharynx Cancer 35. Advanced HPV-Unrelated Pharynx Cancer 36. Soft Palate Cancer
Section C: Larynx 37. Early Supraglottic Larynx Cancer 38. Advanced Supraglottic Larynx Cancer 39. Early Glottic Larynx Cancer 40. Advanced Larynx Cancer 41. Subglottic Larynx Cancer
Section D: Other 42. Major Salivary Gland Cancer 43. Melanoma 44. Aggressive Non-melanoma Skin Cancer 45. Osteoradionecrosis
R. Bryan Bell, DDS, MD, FACS, Peter A. Andersen, San Diego State University, California, U.S.A. and Rui Fernandes, DMD, MD