All-In-One Care Planning Resource - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
The only book featuring nursing care plans for all core clinical areas, Swearingen's All-In-One Nursing Care Planning Resource, 4th Edition provides 100 care plans with the nursing diagnoses and interventions you need to know to care for patients in all settings. It includes care plans for medical-surgical, maternity/OB, pediatrics, and psychiatric-mental health, so you can use just one book throughout your entire nursing curriculum. This edition includes a new care plan addressing normal labor and birth, a new full-color design, new QSEN safety icons, new quick-reference color tabs, and updates reflecting the latest NANDA-I nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems. Edited by nursing expert Pamela L. Swearingen, this book is known for its clear approach, easy-to-use format, and straightforward rationales.
- NANDA-I nursing diagnoses are incorporated throughout the text to keep you current with NANDA-I terminology and the latest diagnoses.
- Color-coded sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric-mental health nursing care plans make it easier to find information quickly.
- A consistent format for each care plan allows faster lookup of topics, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- Prioritized nursing diagnoses are listed in order of importance and physiologic patient needs.
- A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to scan information.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you to apply concepts to specific patient situations in clinical practice.
- Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
- NEW! Care plan for normal labor and birth addresses nursing care for the client experiencing normal labor and delivery.
- UPDATED content is written by practicing clinicians and covers the latest clinical developments, new pharmacologic treatments, patient safety considerations, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
- NEW full-color design makes the text more user friendly, and includes NEW color-coded tabs and improved cross-referencing and navigation aids for faster lookup of information.
- NEW! Leaf icon highlights coverage of complementary and alternative therapies including information on over-the-counter herbal and other therapies and how these can interact with conventional medications.
PART I: MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING CARE PLANS Section 1: General Care Plans 1. Cancer Care 2. Pain 3. Perioperative Care 4. Prolonged Bedrest 5. Psychosocial Support 6. Psychosocial Support for the Patient's Family and Significant Other 7. Older Adult Care 8. Palliative and End-of-Life Care Section 2: Respiratory Care Plans 9. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 10. Pneumonia 11. Pneumothorax/Hemothorax 12. Pulmonary Embolus 13. Pulmonary Tuberculosis 14. Respiratory Failure, Acute Section 3: Cardiovascular Care Plans 15. Aneurysms 16. Atherosclerotic Arterial Occlusive Disease 17. Cardiac and Noncardiac Shock (Circulatory Failure) 18. Cardiac Surgery 19. Coronary Artery Disease 20. Dysrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances 21. Heart Failure 22. Hypertension 23. Pulmonary Hypertension 24. Venous Thrombosis/Thrombophlebitis Section 4: Renal-Urinary Care Plans 25. Renal Failure, Acute 26. Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy 27. Chronic Kidney Disease 28. Care of the Patient Undergoing Hemodialysis 29. Care of the Patient Undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis 30. Care of the Renal Transplant Recipient 31. Ureteral Calculi 32. Urinary Diversions 33. Urinary Tract Obstruction Section 5: Neurologic Care Plans 34. General Care of Patients with Neurologic Disorders 35. Bacterial Meningitis 36. Guillain-Barré Syndrome 37. Intervertebral Disk Disease 38. Multiple Sclerosis 39. Parkinsonism 40. Seizures and Epilepsy 41. Spinal Cord Injury 42. Stroke 43. Traumatic Brain Injury Section 6: Endocrine Care Plans 44. Diabetes Insipidus 45. Diabetes Mellitus 46. Diabetic Ketoacidosis 47. Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Nonketotic Syndrome 48. Hyperthyroidism 49. Hypothyroidism 50. Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone Section 7: Gastrointestinal Care Plans 51. Abdominal Trauma 52. Appendicitis 53. Cholelithiasis, Cholecystitis, and Cholangitis 54. Cirrhosis 55. Crohn's Disease 56. Fecal Diversions: Colostomy, Ileostomy, and Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomoses 57. Hepatitis 58. Pancreatitis 59. Peptic Ulcer Disease 60. Peritonitis 61. Ulcerative Colitis Section 8: Hematologic Care Plans 62. Anemias of Chronic Disease 63. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation 64. Polycythemia 65. Thrombocytopenia Section 9: Musculoskeletal Care Plans 66. Amputation 67. Fractures 68. Joint Replacement Surgery 69. Osteoarthritis 70. Osteoporosis 71. Rheumatoid Arthritis Section 10: Special Needs Care Plans 72. Caring for Individuals with Human Immunodeficiency Virus 73. Managing Wound Care 74. Providing Nutritional Support
PART II: PEDIATRIC NURSING CARE PLANS 75. Asthma 76. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder 77. Bronchiolitis 78. Burns 79. Child Abuse and Neglect 80. Cystic Fibrosis 81. Diabetes Mellitus in Children 82. Fractures in Children 83. Gastroenteritis 84. Otitis Media 85. Poisoning 86. Sickle Cell Pain Crisis
PART III: MATERNITY NURSING CARE PLANS 87. Normal Labor and Birth NEW! 88. Bleeding in Pregnancy 89. Diabetes in Pregnancy 90. Hyperemesis Gravidarum 91. Postpartum Wound Infection 92. Preeclampsia 93. Preterm Labor 94. Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes
PART IV: PSYCHIATRIC NURSING CARE PLANS 95. Anxiety Disorders 96. Bipolar Disorder (Manic Component) 97. Dementia-Alzheimer's Type 98. Major Depression 99. Schizophrenia 100. Substance Abuse Disorders Appendixes A. Infection Prevention and Control B. Laboratory Tests: Reference Ranges for Adult Patients C. Laboratory Tests: Reference Ranges for Pediatric Patients Index
Pamela L. Swearingen, Special Project Editor, Grand Rapids, MN