Nolte's The Human Brain Pageburst E-Book on Kno, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study
Page Count: 736
List Price: $81.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Already known as the reference of choice for expert coverage on the structure and function of the human brain and the nervous system, Nolte’s The Human Brain continues to impress with essential updates throughout this new edition. It includes a new chapter on formation, modification, and repair of connections, with coverage of learning and memory, as well as the coming revolution of ways to fix damaged nervous systems, trophic factors, stem cells, and more. 550 full-color illustrations—more than 650 in all—support the text and depict every nuance of brain function. But, best of all, your purchase now includes access to the entire contents online, including all of the book’s illustrations, video clips, and additional software, plus many other exclusive features at www.studentconsult.com.
- Features a single-authored approach for a more consistent, readable text.
- Discusses all key topics in functional neuroanatomy and neuroscience, giving you well-rounded coverage of this complex subject.
- Includes clinical examples throughout for a real-life perspective.
- Uses summary statement headings that speed you to the information you need.
- Presents chapter outlines that encourage you to stay organized and focused.
- Incorporates 3-dimensional brain images and more than 650 illustrations that add increased visual clarity and a greater understanding of every concept.
- Includes a glossary of key terms that elucidates every part of the text.
- Features updates throughout, as well as many new illustrations using the most current neuroimaging techniques, reflecting recent developments and changes in understanding to acquaint you with the very latest knowledge in the field.
- Discusses the hot topic of neural plasticity in a new chapter on formation, modification, and repair of connections, with coverage of learning and memory, as well as the coming revolution in ways to fix damaged nervous systems, trophic factors, stem cells, and more.
- Uses chapter outlines, offering you a focused approach to study.
- Offers unlimited access to the complete contents of the book online, as well as video clips and additional software at www.studentconsult.com, so you can consult it anywhere you go...perform quick searches...add your own notes and bookmarks...follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other Student Consult titles...and reference all of the other Student Consult titles you own online, too—all in one place!
1. Introduction to the Nervous System
2. Development of the Nervous System
3. Gross Anatomy and General Organization of the Central Nervous System
4. Meningeal Coverings of the Brain and Spinal Cord
5. Ventricles and Cerebrospinal Fluid
6. Blood Supply of the Brain
7. Electrical Signaling by Neurons
8. Synaptic Transmissions Between Neurons
9. Sensory Receptors and the Peripheral Nervous System
10. Spinal Cord
11. Organization of the Brain Stem
12. Cranial Nerves and their Nuclei
13. The Chemical Senses of Taste and Smell
14. Hearing and Balance: The Eighth Cranial Nerve
15. Atlas of the Human Brainstem
16. The Thalmus and Internal Capsule: Getting to and From the Cerebral Cortex
17. The Visual System
18. Overview of Motor System
19. Basal Ganglia
21. Control of Eye Movements
22. Cerebral Cortex
23. Drives, Emotions, and Memories: The Hypothalmus and Limbic System
24. Formation, Modification and Repair of Connections
25. Atlas of the human Forebrain
Todd Vanderah, PhD, Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona