Thompson & Thompson Genetics in Medicine Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 600
List Price: $78.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Through six editions, Thompson & Thompson's Genetics in Medicine has been a well-established favorite textbook on this fascinating and rapidly evolving field, integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders. The 7th edition incorporates the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, and much more. More than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos help you grasp complex concepts more easily. In addition to the book, you will also receive STUDENT CONSULT, enabling you to access the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you go!
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
- Access the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable with STUDENT CONSULT. You'll find "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles · content clipping for handheld devices · an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources · quarterly updates on the material · USMLE questions · and much more!
1. Chromosomal Basis of Heredity
2. The Human Genome: Structure and Function of Genes and Chromosomes
3. Tools of Human Molecular Genetics
4. Principles of (Clinical) Cytogenetics
5. Clinical Cytogenetics: Disorders of the Autosomes and the Sex Chromosomes
6. Mechanisms of Inheritance part I: Mendelian (or Single-Gene) Patterns
7. Mechanisms of Inheritance part II: Mitochondrial, Imprinted, and Multifactorial Patterns
8. Genetic Variation in Individuals and Populations
9. The Genetic Contribution to Disease: Locating and identifying Disease Genes
10. Principles of Molecular Disease: Lessons from the Hemoglobinopathies
11. The Molecular and Biochemical Basis of Genetic Disease
12. The Treatment of Genetic Disease
13. Developmental Disorders and Birth Defects (Leslie Biesecker)
14. Genetics of Cancer
15. Genetic Counseling and Risk Assessment
16. Molecular Diagnostics
17. Prenatal Diagnosis
18. Genetics and Society
Robert L. Nussbaum, MD, FACP, FACMG, Holly Smith Chair of Medicine and Science, Professor of Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics and Pathology, Department of Medicine and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, Roderick R. McInnes, CM, MD, PhD, FRS(C), FCAHS, FCCMG, Alva Chair in Human Genetics, Canada Research Chair in Neurogenetics, Professor of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Director, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Huntington F Willard, PhD, Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA