Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Understanding Pathophysiology, 5e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the [NCLEX®/certification/licensure] exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced [nursing/health professions] educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the [NCLEX/certification/licensure] examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable [NCLEX®/certification/ licensure] exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Introduction to Pathophysiology
PART ONE: BASIC CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
Unit 1: The Cell 1. Cellular Biology 2. Genes and Genetic Diseases 3. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology 4. Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Unit 2: Mechanisms of Self-Defense 5. Innate and Adaptive Immunity 6. Hypersensitivities and Immune Deficiencies 7. Infection 8. Stress and Disease
Unit 3: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer 9. Biology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment of Cancer 10. Cancer Epidemiology 11. Cancer in Children
PART TWO: BODY SYSTEMS AND DISEASES
Unit 4: The Neurologic System 12. Structure and Function of the Neurologic System 13. Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function 14. Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics and Motor Function 15. Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and the Neuromuscular Junction 16. Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
Unit 5: The Endocrine System 17. Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation 18. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
Unit 6: The Hematologic System 19. Structure and Function of the Hematologic System 20. Alterations of Hematologic Function 21. Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
Unit 7: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems 22. Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems 23. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function 24. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
Unit 8: The Pulmonary System 25. Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System 26. Alterations of Pulmonary 27. Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children
Unit 9: The Renal and Urologic Systems 28. Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems 29. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function 30. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children
Unit 10: The Reproductive Systems 31. Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems 32. Alterations of the Reproductive Systems Including Sexually Transmitted Infections
Unit 11: The Digestive System 33. Structure and Function of the Digestive System 34. Alterations of Digestive Function 35. Alterations of Digestive Function in Children
Unit 12: The Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems 36. Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System 37. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function 38. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children 39. Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument 40. Alterations of the Integument in Children
Glossary Index Appendix: Common Laboratory Values
Sue E. Huether, RN, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Kathryn L. McCance, RN, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT