Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Potter Fundamentals of Nursing,8th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Fundamentals of Nursing, 8e, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the [NCLEX®/certification/licensure] exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter.. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced [nursing/health professions] educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the [NCLEX/certification/licensure] examination.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable [NCLEX®/certification/ licensure] exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit 1: Nursing and the Health Care Environment 1. Nursing Today 2. The Health Care Delivery System 3. Community-Based Nursing Practice 4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice 5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Caring Throughout the Life Span 6. Health and Wellness 7. Caring in Nursing Practice 8. Caring for the Cancer Survivor 9. Culture and Ethnicity 10. Caring for Families 11. Developmental Theories 12. Conception Through Adolescence 13. Young to Middle Adult 14. Older Adult
Unit 3: Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice 15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice 16. Nursing Assessment 17. Nursing Diagnosis 18. Planning Nursing Care 19. Implementing Nursing Care 20. Evaluation 21. Managing Patient Care
Unit 4: Professional Standards in Nursing Practice 22. Ethics and Values 23. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice 24. Communication 25. Patient Education 26. Documentation and Informatics
Unit 5: Foundations for Nursing Practice 27. Patient Safety 28. Infection Prevention and Infection Control 29. Vital Signs 30. Health Assessment and Physical Examination 31. Medication Administration 32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 6: Psychosocial Basis for Nursing Practice 33. Self-Concept 34. Sexuality 35. Spiritual Health 36. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief 37. Stress and Coping
Unit 7: Physiological Basis for Nursing Practice 38. Activity and Exercise 39. Hygiene 40. Oxygenation 41. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 42. Sleep 43. Pain Management 44. Nutrition 45. Urinary Elimination 46. Bowel Elimination 47. Mobility and Immobility 48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care 49. Sensory Alterations 50. Care of Surgical Patients
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL, Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN and Elsevier